Mattrek

Early Tuesday estimates DM2 4.7 previews

It seems like Man of Steel has finally stabilized and is going to have some strong legs. It'll definitely hit $15M this weekend.

Tues: 2.8Weds: 2.5Thurs: 2.2Friday: 3.3M (+50%)Saturday: 4.1M (+30%)Sunday: 3.1 (-24%)10.5M Weekend?

I see it faring far better than that...

Depends on the drops of today and tomorrow. It could be flat or rough.I originally thought movies would increase today with people having the day off tomorrow. People seem to disagree because of the big openers.

Sorry for the question, but which of the days this week are nonworking in the USA because of the holiday? Is it just Thursday or are there any other days included?

Just Thursday, but quite a few people are taking time off as well. I'm taking Friday off and leaving town tonight (Wednesday night).

• Like 1

And the 4th is one of those quasi days off too - if you work in any kind of retail you are probably working cause it's a big day for sales as well. Offices may be closed (and banks! :) ) but retail shops are always open.

TITE and NYSM were the films that lost some of the showings last night due to two new openers.  That's why the have such big drops.  They will recover nicely today.