CJohn

Wednesday Numbers | Despicable Me 2 - 34M | The Lone Ranger - 9.67M | Kevin Hart - 4.9M

Let's calm down on the crazy DM2 projections until we at least the WEDNESDAY ACTUALS shall we? :goodnight:

This times 10000. At the rate people are going they are going t obe dissapointed if it does like 140 million for the 5 day. 

• Like 2

As far as I can tell, movietickets simply grays out sold out shows. Unfortunately, they also gray out any showtimes you can't buy tickets for, regardless of the reason, so it's difficult to gauge which are actually sellouts.

a couple things to note with online ,basically it varies greatly and so may combination of what can happen, a couple of examples

When theatre has reserve seating they generally will sell to last seat because if a person buying a ticket knows that the only seat available is far right corner of 1st row they make a call yes I want that seat or no I don't.

When its not reserved  theatres often go sold out with as many seats as what front row and maybe 2nd row seat, so if say thats 20 seats and theatre seats 400 they may go SO at 380(even with this type of policy at the BO they may decide to tell people that if they want tickets they could potentially be stuck in front row depending on where the 380 other people decided to sit and do they still want a ticket)

but based on first point online sales can also cut off early (this can also be the case with theatres that do reserve seating they might allow till session time or cut off and remaining sales at BO only) or theatre may hold seats for BO only sale.

So if say sessions is at 8pm they may stop online sale at 7pm(and could still SO by 8pm at theatre) and/or they may hold say 50 seats for theatre only sale so if the online allocation doesn't sell out, the online may not ever indicate a SO, and the theatre may grab more seats from online allocation to sell direct.

some online ticketing linked directly to theatre POS some don't directly link at all and theres a constant back and forth as to what seats sold at the BO and whats sold from online.

• Like 10

a couple things to note with online ,basically it varies greatly and so may combination of what can happen, a couple of examples

When theatre has reserve seating they generally will sell to last seat because if a person buying a ticket knows that the only seat available is far right corner of 1st row they make a call yes I want that seat or no I don't.

When its not reserved  theatres often go sold out with as many seats as what front row and maybe 2nd row seat, so if say thats 20 seats and theatre seats 400 they may go SO at 380(even with this type of policy at the BO they may decide to tell people that if they want tickets they could potentially be stuck in front row depending on where the 380 other people decided to sit and do they still want a ticket)

but based on first point online sales can also cut off early (this can also be the case with theatres that do reserve seating they might allow till session time or cut off and remaining sales at BO only) or theatre may hold seats for BO only sale.

So if say sessions is at 8pm they may stop online sale at 7pm(and could still SO by 8pm at theatre) and/or they may hold say 50 seats for theatre only sale so if the online allocation doesn't sell out, the online may not ever indicate a SO, and the theatre may grab more seats from online allocation to sell direct.

some online ticketing linked directly to theatre POS some don't directly link at all and theres a constant back and forth as to what seats sold at the BO and whats sold from online.

I've noticed this sometimes, even with reserved seating. You'll see a show sell out (and be marked as such); ten minutes later it might suddenly have available seats again, then change back to selling out later. When I did my first midnight tracking report it drove me nuts originally because you'd have an indicated sellout, then (randomly) it wouldn't be one anymore.

Well after having a hot week we might have some rain-something we do need-but....I don't want it on July 4th :P:lol:

(So Tele, what will be our convo this week?)And I feel like going to the movie games forum if anyone wants to join.