Biggestgeekever

Wkend #s: 82.5 DM2, 29.4 TFR, 25 Heat, 19.6 MU

Prince of Persia's an enjoyable movie. Kinda paint-by-numbers in story and characters, but it has fun setpieces and the bickering between Gyllenhaal and Arterton is good chemistry. Kingsley phones it in though like Trevor on the toilet.

Gyllenhaal's goofy smile had me cracking up the entire movie.  But yes, your summation of the film works too :)

Posted Image

Edited by #MrPink of Steel

Just got back from The Lone Ranger with the family. It wasn't that bad, definitely not 20% or whatever it has on RT bad. It was very uneven but I enjoyed a few parts and really enjoyed Gore's period piece directing style, along with some quirky moments (

like the Ranger and Tonto being buried to their necks and scorpions crawling over them

reminded me a lot of his PotC humor) And the climax was brilliant. Ah well, the crowd seemed to mostly enjoy it.

Speaking of which, this is an 8-screen theater in a small town and it typically fills up (people from the surrounding counties with no theater help a lot). TLR was about 75% full in one of their two "big" theaters. The other had the 2D Despicable Me and I think it might have sold out. No clue about the 3D DM2 screen.

• Like 1

@Kitik WW or Dom? Domestically I can see that, I doubt it will cross little more than $105 mil.

domestically of course, I don't have the foggiest idea what Lone Ranger will make worldwide yet

Edited by kitik
  • Like 1

Only ten pages for a Friday thread?

I tried to make it go crazy but the mods put a stop to it. :P

On a different note, I watched Wrath of Khan. Slower pace than I'm used to, but still a good movie.

Off-topic but to fellow Houstonians and especially Rockets fans, congrats we get Dwight Howard.  :D

What do you think of the Asik for Ryan Anderson rumors? I think it's a better fit than Josh "Chuck or Clog" Smith for you guys.

What do you think of the Asik for Ryan Anderson rumors? I think it's a better fit than Josh "Chuck or Clog" Smith for you guys.

I rather have Smith as we need Defensive help. Our Offense was great last year so I want as much defensive help as possible but what a great day. I bow to Daryl Morey, what a turn around in 2 years. First Harden and now Howard.   :worthy:  :worthy:  :congrats:   :worthy:  :worthy:  

You know-if I didn't go online I never guess TLR is a bomb considering how crowded it was when I saw it today.

Just like OST was the busiest film of the year for you back in 2011, lol.

DM2 easily has the larger screens, though, so that point is moot. Way more seats for the theaters showing DM2.

Actually nope-I saw TLR on the biggest screen-you don't live out here so you wouldn't realize it ;)

This film did really well here, such as films like Kevin Hart-well don't.