Biggestgeekever

Wkend #s: 82.5 DM2, 29.4 TFR, 25 Heat, 19.6 MU

You didn't get my joke with this  :bash:

Fri Atm

DM2 30-31m,TFR 10.4-10.9,TH 8.4,MU 7,WWZ 6.1,WHD,4.6,MOS 3.8,LME 3.5,TITM 2.1,NYSM 900k,STID 390k,FF6 290k

drops from last friday:

The Heat - 38.7%

MU - 51.4%

WWZ - 32.2%

WHD - 48.9%

MOS - 36.7%

TITE - 19.2%

NYSM - 46.3%

STID - 29.3%

F&F6 - 59.7%

That's a really good drop for The Heat from it's opening day!

• Like 1

Yeah It should be $271mil by the end of this weekend.

$295mil, still not bad.

Barring a bigger Saturday jump, yep. But WB could still will it to 300 million maybe. I wonder how Pacific Rim affects MoS' numbers next week, not that there will be much room for fudging around.

Edited by #MrPink of Steel

Disappointing numbers all around.

TITE & STID had really good numbers! :D

Not only that, but DM2 & TH had good numbers too. :mellow:

Edited by Empire University

77.48m for the top 12. Quite a bit bigger than the equivalent Fridays in 2012, 2011 and 2010.If it follows 2002, it should be flat tomorrow and drop 25% on Sunday.77.4877.4858.11213.07

Edited by lab276

Yeah, the budget is horrible, but the box office run should make more money than White House Down, Oblivion, After Earth, Die Hard 5, and Jack the Giant Slayer.

We'll see how it goes, but it could make more than Hangover 3 too. (Though that's not definite yet.)

TLR doesn't look it would cost more than $130M. 

I really hope 300m isn't dead for MU, but it looks like it will be after this weekend.

DM2 really did hurt it bad. :(

The box office seems to be against traditional heroes. MoS, a nice guy superhero is great but underperforms. WHD, an old-fashioned DIE HARD movie flops hard. LR an even more traditional hero is flopping around. 

BTW I was at a screening of MoS, and some of the audience actually cheered when Zod's army beat up the US army and went "Oh no!" (followed by a burst of Minions' giggles) when Zod dies in the hands of Supe. I mean I am not a sentimental guy but the world may be truly f-ed-up.

• Like 1

The box office seems to be against traditional heroes. MoS, a nice guy superhero is great but underperforms. WHD, an old-fashioned DIE HARD movie flops hard. LR an even more traditional hero is flopping around. 

BTW I was at a screening of MoS, and some of the audience actually cheered when Zod's army beat up the US army and went "Oh no!" (followed by a burst of Minions' giggles) when Zod dies in the hands of Supe. I mean I am not a sentimental guy but the world may be truly f-ed-up.

MoS underperformes :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

MoS and MU will end up with around 290-295

SR did 30 mill more from thursday(same cycle) and out.

Its july thursday was 1,65 and MoS´s was over 3 mill..

So MoS has to be cought up by SR from friday and out to only hit 290 eventhough its doing double and and has 14 more july weekly days

Read my electronic lips:

Its doing 300!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by fmpro
  • Like 3

You have to take into account the fact that TLR is an outright bad movie and MOS isn't exactly a great one. (It isn't even good, IMO.) Their quality naturally affects their box office performance. 

• Like 3