#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

This is so fun PR disappoints, if this turd came out 2 weeks after Avengers it never would have made 60m total ! Join the Battleship PR in box office great movies HELL.

PR should have been alien invasion movie with some tweaks, where the aliens have giant bioengineered robots. 1B WW !! :lol::D

If it's such a turd, then why is it 72% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes? 40% higher than Battleshit. And if you want to talk about turds, talk about Grown Ups 2. That's a big turd, and the only summer movie with an RT score in the single digits, but that still made a crap ton money. It just shows you how most of the GA likes crap like Sandler or the Transformer films because of familiarity or brand recognition, whereas original summer films with no big names end of flopping like Pacific Rim or Dredd or Scott Pilgrim. And if Elysium ends up flopping, then enjoy another few summers of crappy sequels no one asked for.

• Like 3

is there a chance Mos wont get to 300m? :ph34r:(I still hold out hope it won't beat by bbs Skyfall & Hobbit :P )

After this weekends 60% drop, it's more like 30/70 now with chances against it.Next weekend, its going completely off the radar with 4 new releases and its losing at least 1K theaters.Ugh.
  • Like 1

Shay you may want to tread carefully with a statement like that

Thanks. But HATE is the original sin. If someone employs hate, I have every right to strike back verbally (at which I am ages better than most people). No matter the consequences.

After this weekends 60% drop, it's more like 30/70 now with chances against it.Next weekend, its going completely off the radar with 4 new releases and its losing at least 1K theaters.Ugh.

rightly so. MOS was a mediocre film. it is already profitable so no worry for WBs

• Like 1

speaking of Sandler

I dont hate him at all

Rewatched 'Bedtime Stories' recently

such hilarious movie :wub:  not to mention my beloved '50 first dates'

but how can he at the same time make such crap like 'Thats my boy' :wacko:

he can make decent comedies! but then go downhill & do smth completely opposite...

• Like 1

Shocked by GU2's gross this weekend - I felt early 30's, still it will not have the legs of the original and I think it will finish somewhere between $100-120

I'm not. Grown-Ups was one of his most popular films. They marketed this to the general masses unlike the "For Geeks Only" strategy of Pacific Rim (because that totally worked for Scott Pilgrim and Kick Ass). Saw people (especially women) light up when the trailer played. And after a recent string of under-performers/flops, Sandler was due another big hit.

• Like 1

Absolutely. Pacific Rim is head and shoulders above any of the Transformers films. There are stakes in Pacific Rim, and characters you don't want to punch in the face! 

There were three characters in PR whom I wanted to punch in the face. Three!  And for someone coming to this movie relatively unfamiliar with the story, that's a no-no.  Characterization and casting were definitely two of the biggest problems with the film.

• Like 1

Serves Pixar right for buying off that undeserved Brave Oscar that should have gone to WIR.

lol, first MU isn't dead so that statement is incorrect. Second, Brave was better than WIR so it deserved the Oscar.  ;)  :P  :D

Edited by druv10
  • Like 3

I didn't liked MU so I am not sad it got killed by DM2, which was much better, but Brave is far superior to Ralph in every way possible, IMO. I am so happy it won the Oscar :D

• Like 2

lol, first MU isn't dead so that statement is incorrect second, Brave was better than WIR so it deserved the Oscar.  ;)  :P  :D

I'm gonna wreck you so hard that even Felix wont be able to fix you.

:P

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1