CJohn

The Conjuring 2 | June 10, 2016 | Let the RT Watch commence.

Might be seeing this tomorrow if I have time.  I signed up/got passes for both this and Me Before You (lol) tomorrow.  However, the theater showing this is like 30 minutes away + traffic would add another 20 minutes, where as Me Before You is only like 15 mins away.  Ugh.   Really enjoyed the first one.

Edit: Damn, didn't realize Me Before You was today...lol.  And I actually was free/had time.

Edited by AaronL
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

I'll say 35-40M OW for this, maybe less.. I have seen TV Spots, but this is one of those things where everything aligned properly right down to stars in making the 1st movie the hit it was.. It seemed unique and I find it hard to believe that there weren't better, more interesting cases to exploit then the one they're telling in this sequel??? I mean, what do the Warrens have against the Amityville Case since that's the most terrifying one they claim, that they couldn't have made a case, a movie out of that storyline??? Hell, they run The Enfield Poltergeist, which is what this sequel is based on, on the A&E Channel...

Maybe they can't do Amityville because of the franchise about it.

2 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

I'll say 35-40M OW for this, maybe less.. I have seen TV Spots, but this is one of those things where everything aligned properly right down to stars in making the 1st movie the hit it was.. It seemed unique and I find it hard to believe that there weren't better, more interesting cases to exploit then the one they're telling in this sequel??? I mean, what do the Warrens have against the Amityville Case since that's the most terrifying one they claim, that they couldn't have made a case, a movie out of that storyline??? Hell, they run The Enfield Poltergeist, which is what this sequel is based on, on the A&E Channel...

My guess...

They don't want to do a movie on the most famous case, that has spawned a horror franchise, that the real incident was pretty famous for being called out as BS and faked. (Also, the Warrens did very little on the actual Amityville case)

14 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Hell, if you listen to interviews with the Warrens on the Amityville Case, you'd swear they were directly involved with it..

I'm sure they'd say that. But I've researched the Amityville case. There was a bunch of different investigators who came through. Warren's were a pretty small part.

Anyway if I was doing these movies, I'd rather do the lesser known cases, just so I won't be compared the the original Amityville film.

• Like 1

One thing I've noticed is I'm seeing a lot of posts online from people saying they don't want to see this due to having such a misrable experience with the first movie. A lot of people are posting about loud and obnoxious auidence members who ruined their viewing experience, they'd rather wait until this hits DVD than go through that again.

This feels like a much more necessary sequel though, and it doesn't hurt that the market feels like it is dying for a big horror hit. I see one or two horror movies a year usually, and assuming reviews are half decent, this will be one. Buzz was great from the first trailer. I think the generally laggy box office is hurting people's predictions for this. Buzz isn't huge, but it'll pick up. The market's right, I think. 

• Like 7