CJohn

The Conjuring 2 | June 10, 2016 | Let the RT Watch commence.

What the hell at that drop on bo.com forecast?

I know that every sequel is underperforming/bombing but I was pretty sure this would open with 40M...

According to Deadline, The Conjuring brought WB a profit of 161m, which was the 6th biggest of 2013, beating the likes of Hobbit: DoS.

I have no info on Annabelle, but considering it made 257m on a 6.5m budget it's profit might actually've been close to the one of Conjuring. 

If this manages to make 150m-160m DOM and have a healthy increase OS (from 180m to 240-250m let's say - and I think it is likely. Annabelle, a spin-off, managed 172m) it could hit 400m WW. On a budget of 25m-ish it would make this probably a Top 5 contender for the most profitable movies of 2016, which is insane.   

• Like 2

With the positive reviews, I can totally see this breaking out to 50M+. While I can see it opening above the original, I still see its final gross under, though not by much. While it would be great to see it increase, I imagine it will be more frontloaded this time around. It would need to increase substantially from the firsts opening weekend to go past it, unless it's just a beast, which given the great reviews, it very well could be. I could see it pulling a 45-50M OW and finishing around 120-130M. Pretty close to, but not quite where the first finished.

On June 6, 2016 at 5:44 AM, Krissykins said:

I'm excited for this. I didn't LOVE the first one because the trailers ruined the scares.

But I haven't watched anything for this one outside of the teaser.

That's the way to do it!  I'm watching it tomorrow night and I'm pretty excited, haven't seen a second of anything either.