Chewy

Weekend Estimates (starting pg 50) July 19-21

I don't think WB is on a rush to make a 3rd Sherlock Holmes after the results of the 2nd.

The second one did pretty well, even though I know everyone likes to act like it flopped after it's disappointing opening weekend. It made around 20m less than the first one domestically and around 20m more worldwide.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1

I know, but WB probably was not very happy about that and expected an increase DOM from the first.

Sherlock Holmes seems like another National Treasure, IMO. We will never see the 3rd movie from either of them.

Edited by CJohn

I know, but WB probably was not very happy about that and expected an increase DOM from the first.

Sherlock Holmes seems like another National Treasure, IMO. We will never see the 3rd movie from either of them.

I think it has more to do with RDJ availability. The movie's very profitable and there're more story to tell.

National Treasure 3 will also happen as soon as the studio runs out of the bigger franchises to milk.

Sherlock will definitely see a third movie, a half a billion dollar franchise per movie isn't something WB will sideline, I'm sure the moment RDJ has a slot it will be filled.