Punishment

Weekend Actuals 7/19-7/21

I dont think Blue Jasmine will do more than 13M or so

If To Rome With Love can be bad Woody Allen and make 17m, a critically acclaimed Woody Allen movie with potential awards buzz for Blanchett can make more, no?
  • Like 4

Pretty decent hold for WWZ too.

Yes. Should cross 200M at the start of August and should end up with 215-220M. Pretty solid for a movie everyone thought would flop. Also, pretty healthy multiplier, too.

After a 9M weekend, it could gross another 15-20M from weekends alone. That would put it at 160M, without weekdays. I doubt it'll reach 200M, but 185M-190M certainly seems possible.

Man of Steel looks like it will have a hard time passing 290M, not to talk about 300M.

Yeah 200m is a little too ambitious. But that hold is incredible.

If To Rome With Love can be bad Woody Allen and make 17m, a critically acclaimed Woody Allen movie with potential awards buzz for Blanchett can make more, no?

Depends how General Audience will connect with the movie.

To Rome with Love was still a crowdpleaser. 

Yes. Should cross 200M at the start of August and should end up with 215-220M. Pretty solid for a movie everyone thought would flop. Also, pretty healthy multiplier, too.

That's amazing really. I saw it and liked it but I didn't think it would hold up this well because it was kind of light in the pants for a zombie flick.

$220m? Hell to the fucking no.

Happy Birthday Ed.

Posted Image

Thanks E!

Wait, you're happy about a surgery?

Glad to hear you enjoyed yourselves, old man  :P

Well it's only Gallbladder removal. Not that bad. I got out of seeing my in-laws for a week!  :D

Me and his mom wish a very happy birthday to ED

Posted Image

Continues to surprise me. 

Happy Birfday, Ed!

Thanks Rich! 

July birthdays are the best. Mine was a couple weeks ago, yesterday was my brother in law's, tomorrow is Mrs Tele's, and next week is Tele Jr's.

That's a shitload of cake.

your lucky having a December birthday sucks. I feel bad for my cousin though she has hers on dec 25

Yup!

• Like 2

Well it's only Gallbladder removal. Not that bad. I got out of seeing my in-laws for a week!  :D

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

You are really not fond of your in-laws, aren't you?  :lol:

Good luck with the surgery.

After a 9M weekend, it could gross another 15-20M from weekends alone. That would put it at 160M, without weekdays. I doubt it'll reach 200M, but 185M-190M certainly seems possible.

Actually, that would put it at 145-150 without weekdays. Your 185-190 range seems way too high. 165-170 seems a bit more believeable.

Once again, that range seems way too high.

205-210.

Actually, that would put it at 145-150 without weekdays. Your 185-190 range seems way too high. 165-170 seems a bit more believeable.

Yes, that's true. My bad. Thought it had 140 for some reason.

Once again, that range seems way too high.

205-210.

I don't expect the same drops so late in the run. I think the drops are going to soften visibly in the next few weeks.