RyneOh1040

Weekend Numbers

I apoligize for the wording. You are correct. Its a prequel. But it also "rebooted" the series.

It is a shame it came after that disaster I won't even talk about.

Amnesia bullets... what were they thinking?

Ugh...that's a terrible increase for Pacific Rim. I've pretty much given up on that movie though.

But hey, now we have The Conjuring to root for! I'm hopefully seeing it today. I can't remember the last time I've paid to see a horror movie in theaters other than Cabin In The Woods.

• Like 1

22mill is not bad at all. Its only bad when juxtaposing it to late tracking. If we stopped paying attention to tracking wed realize this is a good opening coming off last Wolverine. And if u look at pre summer predictions a 125-140 finish is where a lot had it.

Yes, we as box office fantics follows are so obsessed with tracking.  Tracking is nothing more than a guess/estimate and not factual.  I said anything over 50 million is good considering the lukewarm response from X3/Origins.  Also "The Wolverine" is not lighthearted or funny.  It's a dark comicbook thriller. 

Pacific Rim was a great movie. It's such a shame to see it, well, I won't use the word "flop," but "not holding up well." It should probably finish around $90-100M.

I have a good feeling it will become a cult movie. In the 2020s there will be a huge Pacific Rim fanbase.

• Like 2

Pacific Rim was a great movie. It's such a shame to see it, well, I won't use the word "flop," but "not holding up well." It should probably finish around $90-100M.

I have a good feeling it will become a cult movie. In the 2020s there will be a huge Pacific Rim fanbase.

"After Earth, Oblivion, Pacific Rim".  I'm so sad general audiences didn't connect with original sci-fi this summer. I hope "Elysium" does better. 

Based on thoughts about previews and actual screenings...

PR>>>>>DM2>>STiD>>>MOS>>>>>>>IM3>>>>>>>>>>>>>Conjuring>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>TLR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>RIPD

Edited by CJohn
Edited to fix the page, it was stretching it.

Saw The Wolverine last night and wholly enjoyed it! 

It is indeed a character piece and gives lots of story.

I did not have an issue with the last act at all.

I was impatient and went alone cause another 48hrs was going to be torture but I'm going again Sunday evening with a friend(don't tell him I saw it yet).

Compared to typical summer blockbusters, yes. Compared to other horror movies, no.

I get your point, compared to Paranomal, Incidious, Purge etc. they were all under 10 million.  But 20 Million is still overall a low budget. 

• Like 1

Oh, no, I'm talking about the whole idea of releasing another Wolverine movie after the horrible Origins + the fact that the X-Men franchise seems to be slowly dying. But I guess they knew that, I mean, this movie cost $30 million less than Origins, they wouldn't spend a lot of money on this.

Fox is gonna milk everything.

@BoxOffice: FRUITVALE STATION: $1.45M Friday (est) / $3.13M Domestic Total / 1,064 Locations / $1,361 Location Avg. #FruitvaleStationNot bad at all, but it still deserves more. You all should see it.

North America: Early Projection: 'The Wolverine' Looking At $22M Friday, $55M Opening Weekend (5th Update)

http://www.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2013-07-25-north-america-the-wolverine-is-outpacing-x-men-first-class-on-fandango

I wonder if Fox is thinking:

"These numbers are because X-men Origins was so crappy."

or

"These numbers are because we made a Wolverine movie geared to fanboys."