RyneOh1040

Weekend Numbers

Even better for TC while MOS dropped from Thursday. 290M is looking unlikely now for MOS.

MoS theater count dropped -550.Expected. Today's increase could get us an idea...

Decent I'd say. Especially if DOFP could act like TA and swing the pendulum of interest back up. Much the same manner Origins swung it the downward direction. 

The DOFP affect??

I could see this happen if DOFP is a break out hit. 

When Elysium and Gravity do well, everyone here will be going OMGZ, original sci-fi is back! Anyway, a bright spot this weekend: Blue Jasmine had a bigger opening day than Midnight in Paris! @BoxOffice: BLUE JASMINE: $175,991 Friday (est) / $175,991 Domestic Total / 6 Locations / $29,332 Location Avg. #BlueJasmine

• Founder / Operator

Looks ok to me considering the ill will from XM:O. It may be heading to the lowest OW of the series but considering the lower budget I think Fox would take it.

Yeah, combined with overseas numbers Fox won't be upset. It's just more of an underlining to the franchise's current status. I think DoFP can break out still (I had Wolvy doing about $130m when the summer started), but they need to make sure to give general audiences something to be very excited about in the marketing.

Sandler is the nicest guy in the business, so I'm glad he's got a hit.  If people want to get away from their problems for a couple hours and watch a silly movie, more power to them.

That's what I heard abt Sandler being a nice guy. But I real wish he would do something more than fart/gay/racial jokes which are still the mainstay of his brand of comedy

• Like 2

Yeah, combined with overseas numbers Fox won't be upset. It's just more of an underlining to the franchise's current status. I think DoFP can break out still (I had Wolvy doing about $130m when the summer started), but they need to make sure to give general audiences something to be very excited about in the marketing.

if they can make the sentinels as awesome as they were in the animated show that shouldnt be a problem

Elysium can save us all.

BO wise, hopefully...quality wise I think it and Gravity could make sci-fi be pretty memorable this year movie wise. And I'm betting on Interstellar being both a really good movie and box office hit next year for. (fingers crossed)
  • Like 1

$290m, kinda of a win/lose story for MoS and highlights why DC wants to rush Batman back into things.

I like the tone of MoS, they got it right. But I think the story is unnecessarily complex for multiplex audience and too "scifi" to swallow (the whole Krypton thing, the genesis chamber etc). Superman drowning in skull, LOL, one kid was crying at a showing I was in. Another left with his parents: "Noo, I don't want to see this.."  :D