Neo

The Fate of the Furious | 4.14.2017

5 hours ago, Kalo said:

Wow, I saw a pretty big drop coming for this, but it couldn't even manage $100m OW. by furious 10 it could look like $130m Domestically vs $1.5b internationally. I'm trying to understand why these films are so insanely massive in international markets, I know China is a growing market, but why do they tend to flock to blockbusters, with loads of cheese and razor thin storylines? makes me worry about the future of blockbusters in general. 

That's a bit absurd bud.  This film is making what the other films made, if not more.  If the 7th movie didn't do what it did, this opening would be more accepted.  The 9th will probably do something similar and if the tenth really is the last, it might do a little more.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, baumer said:

That's a bit absurd bud.  This film is making what the other films made, if not more.  If the 7th movie didn't do what it did, this opening would be more accepted.  The 9th will probably do something similar and if the tenth really is the last, it might do a little more.

Maybe, we'll see, I guess if the 10th is marketed as the last maybe $130m is a bit extreme, but as of now I see F8 finishing with around $230-$240m. which let's face it we all knew this was gonna drop from F7 domestically, but it's looking like over a $100m decrease. about a 33%. it's been met with lukewarm reviews and it a franchise over 15 years old, F9 will probably stabilize some but still drop. and just becuase a film is the last in the franchise it doesn't always mean it will increase from the one before it.

This one lost me. I just found it boring. 

Maybe I wasn't in the best of mood when I watched it. But I found no good reasons to go back for a rewatch anyway. Maybe once home video hits.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Sam said:

This one lost me. I just found it boring. 

Maybe I wasn't in the best of mood when I watched it. But I found no good reasons to go back for a rewatch anyway. Maybe once home video hits.

Needed more Johnny Tran. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

Needed more Johnny Tran. 

That surely would help a lot with the hotness level on the men side. 

Cause with no more Brian and Han, that aspect was real dire. Vin is well, meh. The Rock (I still love his charm but) looking more and more like an egg head with way too much of unnecessary muscles. Statham looking too bald (sorry, Pink, sore spot). I found my superficial motivation to watch these movies real lacking, sadly. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sam said:

Cause with no more Brian and Han, that aspect was real dire. Vin is well, meh. The Rock (I still love his charm but) looking more and more like an egg head with way too much of unnecessary muscles. Statham looking too bald (sorry, Pink, sore spot). I found my superficial motivation to watch these movies real lacking, sadly. 

Spoiler

Luke Evans looking all scar face too.

Well at least for the men, I got Charlize, Elsa Pataky, Nathalie Emmanuel, and Michelle Rodriguez still looking good after all these years! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

I see what you did here F Gary Gray.

<_<-_-

So John Woo to be next Fast director? With addition of Chow Yun Fat to the familia? 

Hard Boiled man, still one of the best action movies to ever grace this earth. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Sam said:

So John Woo to be next Fast director? With addition of Chow Yun Fat to the familia? 

John Woo has made three of the best action movies ever. The Killer, Hardboiled, and MI2 :ph34r:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sam said:

You mean Scott Eastwood doesn't do it for ya? His sole purpose in the movie is to the fill the "white pretty boy" void left in Walker's absence.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

You mean Scott Eastwood doesn't do it for ya? His sole purpose in the movie is to the fill the "white pretty boy" void left in Walker's absence.

I got a kick out of him being one giant punching bag the entire movie. Figured this forum would love that.

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, Sam said:

And people jack off to John Wick these days ...

Honk Kong John Woo when it comes to gunfights is unbeatable and Hard Boiled is the Chapelle Sistine of the genre.

• Like 1

Just now, MrPink said:

I got a kick out of him being one giant punching bag the entire movie. Figured this forum would love that.

I'm convinced he only gets roles because he's Clint's inexplicably very good looking son. Sure as hell ain't his acting, that's for sure.

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

John Woo has made three of the best action movies ever. The Killer, Hardboiled, and MI2 :ph34r:

A Better Tomorrow just slightly beating out The Killer for me, but otherwise, no arguments there.

He also gave us one of the best Cage movies ever, maybe even second best right after Con Air (and that was largely because the glorious Cage mane is just too tough to beat)

John Woo, a man of instant classics. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sam said:

A Better Tomorrow just slightly beating out The Killer for me, but otherwise, no arguments there.

He also gave us one of the best Cage movies ever, maybe even second best right after Con Air (and that was largely because the glorious Cage mane is just too tough to beat)

John Woo, a man of instant classics. 

While Con Air is the better Nic Cage movie (it exemplifies everything about Peak Action hero Cage), I prefer Face/Off as a whole. John Travolta seals the deal with all the fun he's having.

"Hey boss, I'm really sorry to hear about Tito"

"Oh you know...shit happens"

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

He's aight. Nothing special. Not really my type.