kitik

Weekend est pg 22 - 2 Guns 27.4, Wolv 21.7, Smurfs 18.2

This has been beat into the ground, but with a summer start date and a much bigger secondary star, finishing 8 million less than Safe House is actually a bit of a failure for the marketing of 2 Guns

it's $61 million after tax credit they got from New Mexico.

Its a good budget although I think Universal is only distributing domestically since it has different distributors in other countries like Entertainment One so I guess they've made back the budget from selling the foreign rights.

This has been beat into the ground, but with a summer start date and a much bigger secondary star, finishing 8 million less than Safe House is actually a bit of a failure for the marketing of 2 Guns

Maybe, but 2 Guns budget is lower than Safe House’s.

Based purely off the trailers, 2 GUNS looks more fun and entertaining to me than SAFE HOUSE did.

Definitely I liked it tele, last section was weak and this film underused Patton, but boy will you love Paxon in it.. He stole the show, also watch for Cyclops of Xmen having a good role in this film and looking unusually buffed..I keep forgetting the actor's name.

I give Two Guns a 6.7-7.2 out of 10.. Would have gone higher if the ending was better.

Wouldn't be surprised if Sony moves Smurfs 3 out of Summer 2015 entirely. A 5-day dramatically lower than the first's 3-day is terrible no matter how you spin it.

My suggestion: release it in mid August OS and in mid September DOM.

My suggestion: release it in mid August OS and in mid September DOM.

Sony has HT2 for September 2015, they could easily swap them and have Smurfs in October to capitalise on local holidays, a Smurfs and Bond combo would be financially a winner for Sony.
  • Like 1

Hollywood reporter says different numbers for 2 Guns

Elsewhere at the North American box office, Mark Wahlberg and Denzel Washington's action pic 2 Guns is off to a good start, with a projected Friday gross in the $8 million to $9 million range, putting the film's three-day debut around $27 million.

Edited by BEEJAYGRAD11