Neo

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | June 30 2023 | Very mixed reviews out of Cannes

23 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

This and also jumping the gun about where reviews will land. These are reviews from reporters that attended Cannes festival, not the neckbeard crowd with YT channels that studios court for favorable reviews. Once those geeks see it the rating is likely to go up though whether that's enough for fresh rating remains to be seen. 

Top critics including variety and Hollywood reporter which are very easy publications to please in terms of reviewing films.

I can agree box-office predictions have gotten wild but don't see this breaking even (750m) unless audience reception is good.

It has a 5.3/10 avg . Don't think it's gonna jump much maybe 60s at best.

5 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Not a single 9/10 so far, let alone 10/10.

Ford's 80 playing a role he's way long in the tooth for and I can't imagine this getting very stellar reviews on that alone

why would they lift the review embargo so early. Should have done a Fast X.. lift it when it already debut overseas.

Good news for The Flash i guess. No competition in 2nd weekend and a badly reviewed film comes on the 3rd weekend..

3 hours ago, Hatebox said:

PS - after seeing the comparison to No Time To Die I looked up that film’s RT. How in the fuck did that manage 83%?

NTTD is a great movie and its amazing OS run proves it.

Edited by Mr Roark
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I've just read an article where Mangold says no great script happens without writers.

Well, I guess he's probably looking for the guys who wrote Dial of Destiny as we speak.

ChatGPT not returning his calls.

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, Maggie said:

lol. The credited writers of this movie have written some really great movies. I don't know what happened here

Presumably not much happened. It's probably a pretty competent script, just not interesting what so ever.

31 minutes ago, JOHN WICK said:

Question?? How do I start a New Topic?? I just joined an hour ago, but don't see the New Topic button to do so??

I believe you have to post for a while before getting to post topics. I dunno, it’s weird.

1 minute ago, Eric Toretto said:

I believe you have to post for a while before getting to post topics. I dunno, it’s weird.

I found it.. Join my club at the box office club forum.. The MEG 2 really is the movie to beat this Summer and so far, I have a pretty tough crowd around here trying to convince this.. LOL