Shawn Robbins

Weekend Estimates: Elysium 30.5M; Millers 26.55M; Planes 22.53M; Percy Jackson 14.6M Pg 29

Say what you want about Janiston, but whether it's her tabloid-friendly life, her (to some people questionable or unnecessary) sex appeal, or her sadly underestimated comic timing, she is slowly becoming a reliable draw. Sure, her biggest hits are usually next to bigger male stars, but she certainly has her fans, and her presence is usually a good sign that will help bring in women into a film.

Denying Aniston on and off screen charisma is crazy. She's just mostly stuck in bad movies,sadly, but unlike Hudson and Heigl who already ran out their course, Aniston is still standing and getting better scripts. She was brilliant in Horrible Bosses.

• Like 7

Jennifer Aniston has been a Box Office draw for at least a decade. People underestimate her because they see her as an ex-sitcom star but the reality is that her movies make money more often than not.

• Like 4

Fishnets, I had always been curious about your opinion regarding Aniston. She gets so much internet hatred, which I have never understood, but whatever. I agree that she's very charismatic, and quite likeable. Oh, and yes....I never undesrtood what Hollywood saw in Kate Hudson and Kath Heigl. I mean, I can kinda see Hudson's getting a lot of second-hand goodwill from the industry due to her mother's undeniable clout and potent career back in the day, but Heigl? What was it?

• Like 1

Yeah, she is a reliable draw, one often missed in all those female draw lists for some reason. It's funny that Cameron Diaz, who never opened anything on her name alone until Bad Teacher, features prominently on those lists, as does Emma Stone thanks to Easy A (for everyone who likes to forget The Help was a huge best-seller first)  although Aniston has much better track record.

• Like 3

Actually, Aniston has had a very good Q-score for nearly two decades so she doesn't quite get the hatred that other actresses get. Compare her marketability numbers to someone like Angelina Jolie, who used to be really hated, and you will see.

Edited by TLK
  • Like 1

Still her filmography is full of somewhat enjoyable movies for what they are but she hadn't made a truely great flm.

None A list drector gave her a chance.

She never really succeeded in killing Rachel from Friends.

To GA, she is still Rachel.

Edited by The Futurist

Fishnets, I had always been curious about your opinion regarding Aniston. She gets so much internet hatred, which I have never understood, but whatever. I agree that she's very charismatic, and quite likeable. Oh, and yes....I never undesrtood what Hollywood saw in Kate Hudson and Kath Heigl. I mean, I can kinda see Hudson's getting a lot of second-hand goodwill from the industry due to her mother's undeniable clout and potent career back in the day, but Heigl? What was it?

Heigl had a one-two punch with Grey's Anatomy and Knocked Up. Both were hits and she was very pretty then and magazine-cover friendly so Hollywood jumped on the bandwaggon and started to lavish her with awards (she swept Emmy, TV SAG and 2 Golden Globes (TV and Comedy). And then a year later she revealed herself a douchebag and in between she made some terrible yet commercial movies and goodwill went out of the window, though not as fast as it should've. 

OTOH, Aniston is sitll standing. I think that her main problem is that she was highly villified by media as Brad's self-centered wife who doesn't want to have kids or she'll ruin her fantastic figure. That was before Angelina. After Angelina, she was painted as a typical Hollywood ditz while Angelina was a strong, fearless woman role model,etc. You cna see who was pulling the strings of that kind of smear campaign and hype one.

• Like 1

Actually, Aniston has had a very good Q-score for nearly two decades so she doesn't quite get the hatred that other actresses get. Compare her marketability numbers to someone like Angelina Jolie, who used to be really hated, and you will see.

No, I meant online hatred whenever she is mentioned in places like EW.com and TelevisionWithoutPity.com. I know that GA don't hate her, but boy, you should read the comments on the message forums in these places. It's as if she had killed several puppies, old ladies, and babies in one stitting.

Still her filmography is full of somewhat enjoyable movies for what they are but she hadn't made a truely great flm.

No A list drector gave her a chance.

I don't think she's still Rachel. She is Jennifer Aniston. It's SJP who never managed to shred Carrie and she's now playing Carrie in eevrything, hence why her post-SATC transtion to movies didn't work.

• Like 2

No, I meant online hatred whenever she is mentioned in places like EW.com and TelevisionWithoutPity.com. I know that GA don't hate her, but boy, you should read the comments on the message forums in these places. It's as if she had killed several puppies, old ladies, and babies in one stitting.

She didn't? No way! Media would never lie. Especially Team Brangelina media.

• Like 2

None A list drector gave her a chance.

What people say ? Once Rachel, always Rachel ....  :ph34r: