Punishment

Weekend Actuals 8/9-8/11

way harsh guys , it does feel like end of summer for americans anyway, when is school due? us not before 5th of september the soonest in french system on my island!

cannot wait there's only so much i can stand my nephews being in the house all day long , as it is i let them go outside to run around so i can have some peace of mind 

Edited by ladyevenstar22

Many US school districts have started, still less than 1/2 the country but many have. 

The last two weeks they've been starting in various places throughout the country, those on what we call "year around scheduling" start as early as first week of August. 

Nashville for example, kids reported back Aug 1, first full week was 5-9th.

4 new wide releases I guess put the squeeze on.

Wonder what type, if any, kind of theater drop it would've taken to retain a few hundred of those screens? Sub 55%, Sub 50% or contractual obligation to 4 new wide releases wouldn't have mattered, it was always going to lose 1,000 screens.

Interesting article, Lot of drive-ins set to close due to not being able to afford digital projectors once 35mm is nomore

Honda Launches Movement to Help Save Drive-In Theaters

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/honda-backs-movement-to-help-save-drive-in-theaters-1200576911/?utm_source=sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dailyheadlines

• Like 5

the massive loss of screens due to four 3000+ theatre releases.

Next week we're only looking at 4 2000+ theater releases. But of course the 4 3000 theater releases from this week will pretty much all get to keep their theater counts into the second weekend. (Maybe a few small losses due to drive-ins, etc.)

So it'll still be a bit of a double whammy for movies that have been out for more than 2 weeks.

Interesting article, Lot of drive-ins set to close due to not being able to afford digital projectors once 35mm is nomore

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/honda-backs-movement-to-help-save-drive-in-theaters-1200576911/?utm_source=sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dailyheadlines

Literally just posted this in the Cloudy 2 thread. This is really good of Honda, and I admit I don't know how much a projector costs but 5 theaters seems like little more than a token gesture.

Ah, the interesting thing about this my local drive-in upgraded to digital last year for the oddest reasons. A huge storm went through it the screen and concession stand entirely destroying it, but the insurance covered a new screen and a new stand. Since they lost their film projector in the storm, they just upgraded to digital then. Going there this summer was great. :wub:

• Like 1

Not quite. Partridge needed 2 days of previews to beat Grown Ups. Lone Ranger on the otherhand just did SHITE!

Still counts and its official: Alan Partridge whooped Adam Sandler's ass. Jurassic Park! 

Edited by Jack Nevada