Shawn Robbins

WEEKEND ACTUALS: WTM (17.96m), Elysium (13.69m), Planes (13.39m), KA2 (13.33m), Percy (8.75m)

Abduction and this are miles apart. Not even close to the same film. And this is about how cirporate America operates as they walk in between the raindrops. That alone makes it interesting.

True, but thats just my feel. I don't watch movies for the messages. Both star a handsome alpha dude with a good looking girlfriend, a bunch of white men chasing after them, the dude and girlfriend hook up, theres high stakes and peril, blah blah. Thats just the vibe it gave to me, I know they have completely different stories. And I don't let critics dictate what I see, but movies live and die by its trailers and audience reviews for me for whether I see it in the theater or wait and pay $1 with Redbox, and neither were good, so Im not interested.

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 1

I disagree with you chloe grace moretz is one of the hottest young actresses working today

Is she?   Has she been in a single movie that broke out at the box office?   I think I'll go ahead and say Carrie will flop right now and beat the rush.   :)

I'm not a Moretz hater by the way since Kick Ass is my favorite comic movie and I adore Let Me In.

Kick-Ass did very very well on home video, it did as big as its entire theatrical run.

This doesn't make sense to me.  I know Millar made that claim....but where was everyone?   I'm one of the people who missed KA in theaters and fell in love with it on home video....I guess I personally know every single person who bought the DVD because I personally know quite a few.

Here's some more claims Millar made in case anyone is interested (old article...he's been at this a while):  http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/mark-millar-claims-kick-ass-2-will-shoot-this-summer-5-other-things-hes-said-that-never-happened-20120427

I imagine that is what many of the studio execs are thinking right now.

Just because something is well liked/loved doesn't mean people are going to flock blindly to the theater for a sequel.  Studios need to get this through their thick skulls!

After Transformers I doubt they believe an RT score matters.   The first Transformers got a 57% RT score...worse than KA. But it built an audience (somehow) for the 2nd one...which was 20% RT...again worse than KA2. It made INSANE money.   So where was the negative effect of poor reviews?

I'm more than surprised.  I expected a slight increase in box office given that KA supposedly built a bigger audience (not huge...but bigger) on home video AND 3 years inflation.   It literally looks like not one person who became a fan of KA on home video showed up (except for me).

• Like 1

IGN: You’re a big comic book fan, so I’m curious, what was your favorite comic book movie this summer?Punk: Ah, geez, you know what? I haven’t seen anything! I haven’t seen The Wolverine yet. I was at the Iron Man 3 premiere and that was a lot of fun. Honestly, it wasn’t a comic book movie, but I gotta throw it out there for Pacific Rim. I saw that, and that was phenomenal. I had no expectations, no backstory, any characters, no famous franchises to deal with -- so I honestly felt like I was watching Star Wars for the first time, it was that fun.CM PUNK interviewhttp://ign.com/articles/2013/08/17/cm-punk-talks-summerslam-facing-brock-lesnar-daniel-bryans-rise-and-more

When you say people you mean China right, since that's the only country it did very good in. Everywhere else it's average to poor business

I'm not talking about the money it made, I'm talking about the fact that people have actually said, "Hey, I'd like a sequel to this movie."  Add in the fact that there are actually a lot of places they can go, not to mention that there are apparently sequel clues planted within the movie already.  

Unlike, Kick-Ass 2 of Red 2 for example.  I loved Kick-Ass, but I never once thought to myself, "I cannot wait for the sequel!"

That's the difference.  I'm sorry you're way too obsessed with the money it is (not)making to see this.

I swear i try to go into most films with an open mind. I just try to not let other peoples opinions cloud my judgment.

I mean so do i most of the time, i just dont like wasting my money, especially when im paying for me + 1. Edited by jandrew

I'm not talking about the money it made, I'm talking about the fact that people have actually said, "Hey, I'd like a sequel to this movie."  Add in the fact that there are actually a lot of places they can go, not to mention that there are apparently sequel clues planted within the movie already.  

Unlike, Kick-Ass 2 of Red 2 for example.  I loved Kick-Ass, but I never once thought to myself, "I cannot wait for the sequel!"

That's the difference.  I'm sorry you're way too obsessed with the money it is (not)making to see this.

I wanted a sequel...back in 2010.

Interestingly, I felt Kick-Ass 2 took a nice route for the sequel. It's just executed in the 'pale imitator' fashion...and I suppose Millar's bizarre and baffling creative choices for the comic also didn't help.

Edited by Carlos Danger
  • Like 2

This has to be the deadest I've seen it here in quite sometime.

Wow, I didn't realize this board had so many members of the school-aged sect.  I feel like a Mom who sent her kids off for the weekend:  I enjoy the quiet, but something is missing.  :mellow:

Edited by Ruthie
  • Like 1

IGN: You’re a big comic book fan, so I’m curious, what was your favorite comic book movie this summer?Punk: Ah, geez, you know what? I haven’t seen anything! I haven’t seen The Wolverine yet. I was at the Iron Man 3 premiere and that was a lot of fun. Honestly, it wasn’t a comic book movie, but I gotta throw it out there for Pacific Rim. I saw that, and that was phenomenal. I had no expectations, no backstory, any characters, no famous franchises to deal with -- so I honestly felt like I was watching Star Wars for the first time, it was that fun.CM PUNK interviewhttp://ign.com/articles/2013/08/17/cm-punk-talks-summerslam-facing-brock-lesnar-daniel-bryans-rise-and-more

My man.

Thanks to China (110-115M), sequel is very likely.  :D