DoctorWho

True Detective

I was surprised they had McConaughey survive the episode. It would have been fitting if he had bled out in the killer's Temple Lair of Doom.Wasn't entirely a fan of the denouement, but the climatic search of aforementioned Temple was very tense and atmospheric. It almost made me wish for a last-minute swerve into supernatural horror with dark powers behind the killings.

Its a shame that either Cranston or McConaguhey will lose at the emmys this year.

They're going in separate categories.

I thought the episode was fantastic. While I was slightly disappointed that Rust survived, his breakdown at the end was just perfect and it all came together for me. All that bleakness and just a bit of light at the end of tunnel for him.

Ps....am thinking the emmys are gonna go this way:tv movie-normal hearttv miniseries-true detectivelead actor-mathew machanahey(sorry about the spelling)lead actress-jessica langesupporting actor-mathew bomersupporting actress-angella bassetdirecting-true detective(that episode with the tracking shot)writing-american horror story or true detective!Ps.....woody harrelson is in the lead category as well!

The showrunner has hinted that the main characters next season will be femalehttp://popwatch.ew.com/2014/03/10/true-detective-post-mortem-creator-nic-pizzoletto-on-happy-endings-season-2-and-the-future-of-cohle-and-hart/

What’s the update on season two?I am still fleshing it out. The basic idea: Hard women, bad men, and the secret occult history of the U.S. transportation system. I was well on my way in the writing but there’s been a lot noise and work around the end of the first season that got in the way.

• Like 1

damn for a sec i thought they were both going to bite the dust WTF!!!

i was completely puzzled by the character with the scars, was he schizophrenic ? clearly cuckoo...

the squalor state of the house probably reflecting his inner state of mind, i found it all very disturbing

him , that woman their scenes together , the person he kept in the cabin  (was that his father , not sure i heard right plus i'm real tired now def rewatching this tomorrow ), the fact that the house , the place everything seem to be disappearing into the dense canopy of the trees 

the dept of his depravity was hidden far far away from any semblance of society !

my mind doesnt even want to go there and comprehend what it must have been like for the children who were abducted to be in a place like that  , no wonder some said they couldn't imagine it being real and it had to be a dream , that's your mind protecting you from true evil 

i actually thought rust might die after in the hospital , i mean scar dude did a number on him 

a few questions though why did rust see dark starry sky in that room before being attacked , i did not get that  for a sec i thought it was veering into the occult or was that a hint of carcosa?

i liked that the climax happened soon enough that afterward it give time for us to share some pondering with these two guys after the shit they went through , they both got pretty emotional in the hospital with reason  "no shit " to quote marty!

the did their detective work  on their own terms and walked off into the night ,battle-hardened 

do you guys think the senator was apart of it , i wonder because they made quick to distance him from any of it by saying he wasnt related or something , seems some cover up still went into motion even if rust and marty unearthed a lot ! 

this show reminded me of the movie "prisoners" how can such impunity go on for so long without no one noticing or being clued in 

ps : i don't think season 2 needs to top this , its just needs to be different but equally good quality and plot wise in its own right and it will stand up just fine , think its a great challenge for the writers 

ps2: will we ever find out what those detectives had on rust that they were so convinced he was manipulating everything and everyone to cover his track , and would have love seeing them present formal apology followed by his customary thank you with the middle finger 

that dvd set better have all sort of extra goodies for the fans who want real behind the scenes stuff to chew on 

Edited by ladyevenstar22

What the present day detectives had on Rust was already told to us, but was ultimately circumstantial evidence.

Rust came back on the grid when Tuttle was found dead. And they had sightings of him at the Lake Charles murders.

Edited by Jay Beezy