baumer

Monday Numbers (Top 5)

• Founder / Operator

Muppets will be fine, everyone. The bigger a well-received family drops on Monday (especially after a major holiday weekend), the higher it will increase come Friday and Saturday...especially with no new significant competition.

Yes, and thank you for your concern Noctis. It's very reassuring knowing that you have a 300-dead-meter on your I-phione of Blackberry. It must let you know the %'s or the possibilities increasing or decreasing for 300. So very kind of you.

Any movie that makes 220 million in first 10 days has a shot at 300 million. In Twilight's case, the chances are much smaller because of bad legs but if it starts outperorming New Moon in dailies and gets a bigger Holiday boost then it can still do it. I am not going to bet any money on it though.

Inb4Muppetsunder100m

That would shock me. With the Christmas season just around the corner, this is going to have a 4 multiplier from it's 3 day, I think.

Official Numbers.

BD1 $2,525,769 -70.7%

Muppets $1,072,282 -82.7%

Both movies did slightly better than initial estimates. If you look at Muppets numbers , they aren't actually bad in the context and it should have a huge Friday increase so 100 million is still very much in play.

BD1 trailed both DH1 and New Moon on Sunday and it beat both of them by over 100k on Monday. This is just one data point but if it can keep this up, it will likely finish over 290 million.

It finished $4.5m behind it, not $10m. Look, the gap between them is nearly $9.5m. $300m is dead. $295m is 99% dead. It'll have to fight for $290m.

like I said, 3rd weekend drop will matter as to where it will land but this drop is a good sign that it will have better legs compared to New Moon. Even you admitted it has a shot at passing DH1. Edited by druv10

like I said, 3rd weekend drop will matter as to where it will land but this drop is a good sign that it will have better legs compared to New Moon. Even you admitted it has a shot at passing DH1.

A 1% chance. Because it had a Monday drop that was better than NM by a paltry 1.7% is indicative of legs? Let's wait.