Impact

Best Film Editing-2013

I concur on AH it was like watching an erratic heart beat on a monitor you'd be going back and forth between eyes drooping to jerks of attention ooh the acting isn't so bad so why am I bored silly and go slowly back to drooping etc... Whereas wolf felt like the cool party everyone is invited to and even though its a wild ride you wouldn't miss it for nothing if only to say years later yeah I partied hard that night and promptly became an upstanding citizen after lol

Captain Phillips actually won Best Edited Feature - Drama from the ACE, and the Academy agrees with those guys quite often (this century, only three films won the ACE prize and lost the Oscar). So it might upset Gravity at the Oscars too. I wouldn't really mind it, as it's the only Oscar that Phillips stands a chance to win anyway.

Captain Phillips actually won Best Edited Feature - Drama from the ACE, and the Academy agrees with those guys quite often (this century, only three films won the ACE prize and lost the Oscar). So it might upset Gravity at the Oscars too. I wouldn't really mind it, as it's the only Oscar that Phillips stands a chance to win anyway.

I'd rather it win Adapted Screenplay than win Editing.  I personally wasn't a fan of the editing or direction in Captain Phillips.

Someone explain why Gravity will deserve this award when what made it so great was how elongated it's shots were, therefore their wasn't as much to edit. The opening scene must have been about 20 minutes long without editing at all lol, but no this deserves that Oscar too because its Gravity and its badass :rolleyes: