#ED

Gotham | FOX

I think it was another good episode.  Maybe the show is hitting its stride now.

I liked the Thomas Elliott easter egg.  I was surprised they went so early with the Black Mask, but it worked and sets him up for later down the line too.

Alfred pushing Bruce to stand up for himself was nice segment

• Like 1

Solid episode this week. I loved the major plot, loved Bullock and Gordon coming together, and liked all of the Fish Mooney vs. Penguin stuff. The only issues were the Bruce storyline (him beating up the kid is fine, but did Alfred have to stand right there?) and the one involving Barbara/Gordon (no joke, I lol'd for like 3 minutes after Gordon hung up on Barbara, I don't give two shits about her character).

And Harvey Dent shows up next week.

Too many characters too soon.

I kind of agree.  I think they are stuck in that "they are afraid to go slow" thing and worrying about ratings and such.

I think it was another good episode. Maybe the show is hitting its stride now.

I liked the Thomas Elliott easter egg. I was surprised they went so early with the Black Mask, but it worked and sets him up for later down the line too.

Alfred pushing Bruce to stand up for himself was nice segment

Wasn't Black Mask. It was presumably Roman Sionis' dad.

• Like 1

Wasn't Black Mask. It was presumably Roman Sionis' dad.

You're right.  I thought I heard the name was Roman Sionis.  Then I went back and heard they actually said Richard, so my mistake

• Like 1

And Harvey Dent shows up next week.

Too many characters too soon.

Yah. We really don't need Harvey Dent. Well, best case scenario, they have him in the story for a while as Dent and the turn happens either in season two or three. Having him become Two Face could be a nice finale for season two, imo.

Edited by CloneWars

Yah. We really don't need Harvey Dent. Well, best case scenario, they have him in the story for a while as Dent and the turn happens either in season two or three. Having him become Two Face could be a nice finale for season two, imo.

I'd rather they not have him become Two Face within the show.  His fall (having only seen the movies) seems like it should not occur until much later.  It would in my opinion seem rushed.  I say have the upstanding Harvey Dent in this series, for he has not yet lived long enough to see himself become a villain.

He's pretty young in the show so I don't think we'll see him turn to Two-Face anytime soon, since he's going to be an ADA currently and he has to be elected to DA first.

Agreed.  He may not even be in a lot of the shows.  This is still more of an origins of everyone so I don't think we will get tons of the people in the characters as we know them yet

Caught up with Gotham and my usual complaint of another Batman villain can be held in reserve this time I suppose. 

We have something of a prequel Black Mask story going on here with Richard Sionis, since Roman is the one Batman will encounter.

I also wholly approve of Tommy Elliott in this episode as this is exactly what the show should be showing. He'a an age appropriate character at this exact time in Bruce's life. I do hope we seem him again. This Bruce/Tommy thing needs to simmer a few times per season.

An episode wouldn't be complete without a total throwaway, in your face scene for our would be Catwoman. God please make these sequences stop!!! They are adding nothing to the show. 

Penquin remains the breakout and I like how he got more info, crucial info on the mole that Fish has planted with Falcone.

Barbara Keen and her 'Dear John' letter to Jim, good, let her go away for awhile as she is also bringing the narrative down. I get she has to come back in order for us to get baby Barbara Gordon aka Batgirl but let her take a respite from things. Gather herself and realize that while marriage may be whimsically seen as a 50/50 relationship that in some instances you don't really want your half. Especially if it can harm you...and it has with Victor Zaszz. 

The show isn't perfect but it's improving. Still way too heavy on Batman's costumed rogues. Focus on the Crime Boss foes of Batman, but we know Crane and Dent are coming already.  

I can not believe that the creators have essentially cuckolded Jim Gordon on his own show.   Barbara Gordon and Renee Montoya are pathetic characters in this version of the story.

... now the scene was hot, but yeah ... Gordon will look so bad when she comes back to him.

• Like 2