Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

80 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Watched it on Blu ray and liked it more this time compared to in theater 4 months back . Will rate it 8 compared to 6.5-7 which I gave previously. Found it more engrossing and enjoyed it more.

What's your favorite scene (if its the Prince's Tale, then something else! haha)?

Well, in ten years from now, they'll reboot it, and maybe we'll get some damn decent movies for a change. Only really, truly excellent movie in the franchise was POA. Forgive me, but I was spoiled rotten by the Lord of the Rings movie, and to me, that's how you do a movie justice to a well beloved book.And this is coming from someone whose a moderate fan of the books of Harry Potter. I am not hardcore, but I'm not going to lower my standards of movies just because it says Harry Potter on it, and he does deserve better than what we got with the last three movies.

I want to see a reboot in which they either A) Stay 100% true to the books; no changes, highly detailed, or B )have one director who plays around with all 7 of the books and comes up with his own vision of the story. Not something in between, where some films are faithful and some the opposite.I really like what Yates did with HBP, he added some touches and developed things further than the book did, if they go in that direction again, I'd love to see it

Edited by spizzer

I don't think any of the films in the series haven't been faithful. Staying 100% true to the book? As in all the scenes from the book in the movie?

No, but some major points should be left in. Personally, I think they should have left in SPEW back in GOF, because it would have worked more beautifully in DH2. I loved that part in the book when Ron just randomly is concerned about the Elves, and that's what wins Hermione completely over.

DH2 is the best Harry Potter movie by far.I'd say it goes:7.236547.112

At first I thought these were your grades for each of the movies out of 10 :oAnyway, second best of the series for me (still love me some HBP), with some minor moments I don't care for.A