#ED

Weekend Estimates: Gravity - 55.5M; CWACM - $21.5M ;RR - 7.6M;

I have an inkling that this film is going to absolutely blow up!  Not quite the level that we saw with Avatar.....but we're going to see some very very good legs for this.  300M seems very likely....but could it do more?

Y'know, in 20 years when Gravity's effects are dated I think we're all gonna look back on this weekend and realize that the Ben Affleck fucking feeding people to crocodiles movie was the masterpiece.

Just like 2001: A Space Odyssey.............Oh wait.............

Gravity may have great legs but I wouldn't compare it to Avatar's run. Avatar was killing in all formats. Gravity is killing in IMAX and 3D.  Will it get to a 300m gross with only Imax and 3D? It sounds weird saying this but I think it will need that "2D boost". $250m is probably where it will land imo.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 1

Gravity may have great legs but I wouldn't compare it to Avatar's run. Avatar was killing in all formats. Gravity is killing in IMAX and 3D.  Will it get to a 300m gross with only Imax and 3D? It sounds weird saying this but I think it will need that "2D boost". $250m is probably where it will land imo.

It ain't gunna have Avatar legs. I think Gravity will make 225-250M DOM. Avatar appealed to EVERYONE, especially Families. Gravity won't appeal to that.
  • Like 2

It ain't gunna have Avatar legs. I think Gravity will make 225-250M DOM. Avatar appealed to EVERYONE, especially Families. Gravity won't appeal to that.

True. But the comparisons are being made nonetheless. I'm just commenting on them.