#ED

10/11 - 10/13 Wknd Est: Gravity - 44.2M; Captain Phillips - 26M; CWCM2 - 14.2M; Machete - 3.7M

Just saw Gravity again and I brought my mom along and my gf tagged along also. Saw it in regular 2D and it was just as good. I was surprised at how much I didn't really need the 3D and IMAX to be thrilled. The last 5 minutes still had me on edge, even though I already knew the outcome. I'm glad I got to experience an IMAX 3D, but its not worth the price twice. My ticket was only $8 and even though it wasn't as immersive, it was still beautiful and the sound was great and the screen was big enough.

Unless you own a 3D tv, you'll have to do 2D eventually anyway so it doesnt really matter. My mom liked it, the theater had good attendance- i thought we'd be the only ones. It was mainly adults/couples and good vibes afterwards. Also, I noticed the theater bumped up 3D surcharges to $3.50...just keeps on going up and up. Still, good drops to come; not an overrated movie IMO. I usually like movies less after the second viewing, especially since the "high" has wore off, but nope, Gravity was still as good the second time. Next up, Capn' Phil.

• Like 1

Wasn't it originally at Universal before they decided to pass on it?

Yes-which dang that would of been great!

Its like to bad Tri Star never did a Greek mythology film-imagine the marketing with the logo ;)

• Like 1

I also am waiting for:

A film about a fox by Fox (Yes they had one, but more!)

A film about a lion by MGM (okay the studio is gone-but I can dream ;)) or Lionsgate ;)

A film about a mountain by Paramount of course

Okay so I'm sure all those studios have films about those ;)

• Like 2

I also am waiting for:A film about a fox by Fox (Yes they had one, but more!)A film about a lion by MGM (okay the studio is gone-but I can dream ;)) or Lionsgate ;)A film about a mountain by Paramount of courseOkay so I'm sure all those studios have films about those ;)

Paramount rather famously transitions from their logo to a mountain (or image/impression of a mountain) in all of the Indiana Jones films.

Paramount rather famously transitions from their logo to a mountain (or image/impression of a mountain) in all of the Indiana Jones films.

Yep I know that.

WB is the hardest one to pick-same with Fox but at least Fox has an animal ;)

The club was closed, but yeah I say Gravity over Thor. Like Tele said, the floor is pretty much $250M now, and even before Gravity the ceiling I had for Thor 2 was $235M. No one called this a month ago, I love when the unexpected happens in BO.

Edited by Twerkdrew
  • Like 2