#ED

10/11 - 10/13 Wknd Est: Gravity - 44.2M; Captain Phillips - 26M; CWCM2 - 14.2M; Machete - 3.7M

Avengers had a big decline, more than $100 million the second weekend.

LOL...yes, but it also had a 2nd weekend of 100 million dollars, which has never been done before and probably won't be for another 15-20 years.

Snyder and Shyamalan are two of the luckiest directors. If it weren't for MoS, Snyder would be done for, and he should have been for except he was signed on for MoS before Sucker Punch bombed.And, Shyamalan, I honestly don't know how he has managed to pull it off over and over again. He even got Will Smith to star in one of his bombs.But, with that said, until Cuaron proves otherwise, WB is likely to take bigger risks on him, especially now that Nolan has left.

Smith personally hired Shyamalan to do After Earth. Probably because he wanted an easily controlled director

I hate 3-D and actively avoid it. I was content pre-relase to save Gravity for DVD. 

With my FB page and phone blowing up of people asking me about it, cause in my circle I'm "that movie guy", and telling them I hadn't seen it due to 2 jobs and would wait they pushed me to make time.

Impressed with Bullock big time in this film.

Having seen it now I can't help but also wonder what the original actors tied to it might've been like: Rachel Weisz and RDJ

• Like 1

If you look at M.Night's resume as a director, it's actually much better than Snyder's. He had ups and downs but for one or two flops he can give you one hit. Snyder is another story. He's been cashing in the goodwill from 300 even since, and the result is three flops (in three different genres lol) in a row.

I suppose both will be a hired gun for most of their rest career. They both can write but they won't have their own projects breaking out big like Nolan and Cuaron.

Umm...when did M. Night ever had ups?

He'll have more freedom, provided it's a smaller budget project. Dude directed the best-received Harry Potter movie and still couldn't get financing for a movie budgeted at just a few million.

DH2 is the best-received Potter by critics and audiences. PoA is second, though.

I hate 3-D and actively avoid it. I was content pre-relase to save Gravity for DVD. 

With my FB page and phone blowing up of people asking me about it, cause in my circle I'm "that movie guy", and telling them I hadn't seen it due to 2 jobs and would wait they pushed me to make time.

Impressed with Bullock big time in this film.

Having seen it now I can't help but also wonder what the original actors tied to it might've been like: Rachel Weisz and RDJ

I think Angelina was the first asked to do it. Rachel was only another name in the running.