Olive

Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( More than $700M WW, Huge Success!)

ScreendailyWinter Soldier scored Disney and Marvel Studios’ biggest debut in China on $39.2m (RMB 242m), potent enough to rank as the industry’s sixth biggest launch in history.Russia generated $7.4m and Australia $6m.South Korea has generated $19.8m, the UK $18m, Mexico $16.2m, France $12.1m and Germany $7.6m.Winter Soldier stands at $7.1m in Italy, $6.8m in Taiwan and $6.1m in Malaysia. The Philippines has produced $5.6m, Spain $5.2m, Singapore $4.3m and Argentina $3.3m.The film opens in Brazil this week and Japan on April 19. Chris Evans stars alongside Scarlett Johansson, Samuel Jackson, Anthony Mackie and Robert Redford.

• Like 7

Giving CA a conservative 2.5x multiplier from this weekend, the current markets should do about 370m. Brazil and Japan should add another 30m.And there is no way it is doing less than 225+375=600 now.

Since China will gross around 40 mill next week is it that impossible to hope for a number close to 300 mill with Brazil opening also207 (current)40 (china)7 (Brazil)46 (holdovers)Maybe holdovers - china is a bit on the high end but 285-290 mill will happen

Since China will gross around 40 mill next week is it that impossible to hope for a number close to 300 mill with Brazil opening also207 (current)40 (china)7 (Brazil)46 (holdovers)Maybe holdovers - china is a bit on the high end but 285-290 mill will happen

Brazil does love its mixed martial arts... lots of Brazilians have been UFC champions... and it looked like Cap pulls

a Brazilian jiu-jitsu move to render the Winter Soldier unconscious.

Those are some amazing numbers but i still thimk that 600M WW is the ceiling for TWS!

Let's note that TASM2 starts its overseas roll-out in mid-April and until then Noah and Rio 2 will be taking some of TWS' audience!

Yep it started in a numbers of market in about 10 days.  But many of those markets are also on Easter Holliday (college, schools closed) right now so could make up for a rush, watching it next week and weekend for many youngsters before TASM2 open.

Also TASM2 opens in China next month so it gives this movie a whole month to do what it needs to do in the second biggest market.

I beleive TASM will do massive business and will first hurt CAWS when it opens then it will stabilize.  I also think more adults will constitute the last audience for CAWS when TASM will open.

Edited by Ent
  • Like 1

If we got a 300M OS by next sunday I think 400 got a good shot

Quite frankly, i don't see how it could miss $300 million next weekend with the school hollidays in many european countries, Brasil release and China adding up.

• Like 2

Quite frankly, i don't see how it could miss $300 million next weekend with the school hollidays in many european countries, Brasil release and China adding up.

You need 45-50 mill this week from holdovers except ChinaCould be tough. But it should be close

You need 45-50 mill this week from holdovers except ChinaCould be tough. But it should be close

Perfectly feasable within 7 days including the weekend.

Edited by Ent