Olive

Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( More than $700M WW, Huge Success!)

Thor 2 has some stiff competition. From Frozen, Catching Fire, and Hobbit:Desolation of Smaug. Rio is decent competition, but not like the other 3 juggernauts. CA2 should make more than Thor 2.

Edited by FilmBuff

PhilippinesTFA $2.1MTWS $3.4M

A 62% increase for Cap2.Thor numbers for comparison:Thor. $1.4MThor: TDW $4.6M228% increase for Thor 2.:o What happened????EDIT: Legs will probably be average/above average (Noah & Rio coming) and the fact that midnight premieres happened for Thor 2 but not Cap 2 could have contributed.Thor 2 also opened on the All Saints'/All Souls' Day weekend, which is profitable here. Edited by kaijukurt

I said it all along y'all. Cap was never gonna do Thor-like numbers internationally. International audiences dig that CG-heavy sci-fi spectacle over a down to earth gritty action thriller with "America" in the title.

Either way, I probably lowballed it too much with my 320m OS prediction.

I think that we shouldn't be so negaitve. :P

Indonesia should also make at least 5M difference between them .

Funny how an emerging market in Southeast Asia with huge potential (a population of 240M, almost 80% of US population) is generally ignored by Box Office Mojo. A lot of box office figures are not reported from this country.

Another thing, TWS seems too serious and audlt friendly than TDW, which had a lot of kids and family going.

Kids cant enjoy CA2. So it not matching Thor series makes sense.

Exactly.

The movie is quite violent and isn't exactly good for family viewing.

I said it all along y'all. Cap was never gonna do Thor-like numbers internationally. International audiences dig that CG-heavy sci-fi spectacle over a down to earth gritty action thriller with "America" in the title.

Either way, I probably lowballed it too much with my 320m OS prediction.

I feel that THOR 2 moves along nicely from set piece to set piece but I hardly remember anything that is memorable. It is a mildly entertaining comic book movie done with a little more intriguing plotting than your typical superhero movie. But saving the world from another fantastical armageddon is hardly capable of raking my pulse.

The consequence of AI, techno-fascism, global surveillance

from CA2 is very real, and very chilling to me, and therefore far more intriguing to me. Plus the many hand-to-hand fights (seen in the trailers) ground this superhero to a more realistic feel. Chris Evans is a little too perfect as CA in CA1 & TA, but I think he is settling into the role very well by now. And of course, now he just wants to be a director.

I feel that THOR 2 moves along nicely from set piece to set piece but I hardly remember anything that is memorable. It is a mildly entertaining comic book movie done with a little more intriguing plotting than your typical superhero movie. But saving the world from another fantastical armageddon is hardly capable of raking my pulse.

The consequence of AI, techno-fascism, global surveillance

from CA2 is very real, and very chilling to me, and therefore far more intriguing to me. Plus the many hand-to-hand fights (seen in the trailers) ground this superhero to a more realistic feel. Chris Evans is a little too perfect as CA in CA1 & TA, but I think he is settling into the role very well by now. And of course, now he just wants to be a director.

Hey, I think Cap 2 is an excellent movie. I'm merely talking box office here. :)