Neo

Captain Underpants | June 2, 2017

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

I think this is being under predicted. It could surprise

I really hope it does and think it has the potential to, but they really gotta gear up on the marketing. Especially with that competition.

So when Soren said on twitter "Can't wait for you all to hear the awesome soundtrack." I thought "Oh, Fall Out Boy is doing another song, nice." 

How wrong I was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJgL9pbDLBE&feature=youtu.be

I can't believe I never put these two concepts together but it is awesome.

Edited by Morieris
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Morieris said:

So when Soren said on twitter "Can't wait for you all to hear the awesome soundtrack." I thought "Oh, Fall Out Boy is doing another song, nice." 

How wrong I was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJgL9pbDLBE&feature=youtu.be

I can't believe I never put these two concepts together but it is awesome.

That's cute.

• Like 1

If it weren't for Cars 3 two weeks later and DM3 four weeks later, this could probably do $120-150 million DOM. Now Angry Birds/Epic numbers are probably the ceiling since it'll drop 55%+ its 3rd and 5th weekends.

Fox should have swapped this with Wimpy OR released it over Memorial Day weekend.

Just now, mahnamahna said:

If it weren't for Cars 3 two weeks later and DM3 four weeks later, this could probably do $120-150 million DOM. Now Angry Birds/Epic numbers are probably the ceiling since it'll drop 55%+ its 3rd and 5th weekends.

Fox should have swapped this with Wimpy OR released it over Memorial Day weekend.

On the contrary with Wimpy Kid flopping, due to the lack of family films, I wouldn't be surprised if Underpants did a $45M-$55M OW with a $120M-$150M finish.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, YourMother said:

On the contrary with Wimpy Kid flopping, due to the lack of family films, I wouldn't be surprised if Underpants did a $45M-$55M OW with a $120M-$150M finish.

If it opens that big, it's almost got a 3.0x guaranteed b/c theaters won't drop this movie even as the other animateds open...

• Like 1

Fox has been really lazy with marketing this. Which is a shame, really, as this could've been huge if it had a better release date and released its trailer at a way earlier date. Don't see this opening over $25 million.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dougo said:

Fox has been really lazy with marketing this. Which is a shame, really, as this could've been huge if it had a better release date and released its trailer at a way earlier date. Don't see this opening over $25 million.

I can see a 35-40m weekend. But yeah, they dropped the ball on this. They could have had so much more

6 minutes ago, cheesypoofs said:

I can see a 35-40m weekend. But yeah, they dropped the ball on this. They could have had so much more

I think Wonder Woman will suck all the oxygen and prevent a high OW but $35m OW seems reasonable

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think Wonder Woman will suck all the oxygen and prevent a high OW but $35m OW seems reasonable

I think there's enough room for both. However CU will likely prevent WW from doing $150M OW. The family market has been starved for a new movie. It wouldn't surprise me if we got a Strange/Trolls redux box office wise, except a higher OW for Wonder Woman.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I think there's enough room for both. However CU will likely prevent WW from doing $150M OW. The family market has been starved for a new movie. It wouldn't surprise me if we got a Strange/Trolls redux box office wise, except a higher OW for Wonder Woman.

I think, for the first time in the DCEU, WW can be that movie for the family market. 

Especially with moms. They'll probably decide to take their kids to see WW instead of CU because of moral lessons, especially if they have daughters.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UNDERDOG said:

I think, for the first time in the DCEU, WW can be that movie for the family market. 

Especially with moms. They'll probably decide to take their kids to see WW instead of CU because of moral lessons, especially if they have daughters.

WW will be too violent for the 4-9 set or so though.  Parents with kids around that age will most definitely see CU over WW.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, That One Valerian said:

WW will be too violent for the 4-9 set or so though.  Parents with kids around that age will most definitely see CU over WW.

I keep forgetting this is probably going to be dark because of the WW1 background.

I think 7-9 year olds will be able to handle it, though.

• Like 1