Neo

Captain Underpants | June 2, 2017

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Move the movie to July 21.

Just now, YourMother said:

Or just push it to 2018.

I don't know if they will move it or not, but The Nut Job 2 has had a trailer already, hell The Emoji Movie has had that abomination of a teaser out already. Both those movies followed the standard "First teaser 6 months before release" that even Boss Baby followed. In recent times, the closest a tentpole movie has had a trailer released was 3 months out with Passengers, a trailer just 2 months before release which is what would be the case if the trailer comes with Boss Baby would be pretty much unprecedented in recent times. 

I have a feeling the trailer was supposed to come when the first image was released back in December/January which would fit the promotion timelines. For some reason, the marketing got delayed. Maybe it is a movie delay, or they just decided the marketing will be only the last 2 months. Even the NPR link posted today is from Jan 2nd.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Glad I was wrong about this moving. Still think it could pull in a $25M/$80M to $45M/$150M run, depending on BB and Smurfs.

$150m is going to be difficult with Cars 3 and DM3 in the same month. I think $25m/80m is more likely

• Like 1

I don't know if you good people are familiar with the side of youtube that puts out stock images for upcoming animated movies with weird video titles but I found one for this which isn't entirely legal so, no linking.

Looks like some supplementary books with a lot more stock art.

Spoiler

Talking Toilets!!

On 3/9/2017 at 1:38 PM, Morieris said:

I don't know if you good people are familiar with the side of youtube that puts out stock images for upcoming animated movies with weird video titles but I found one for this which isn't entirely legal so, no linking.

Looks like some supplementary books with a lot more stock art.

Hide contents

Talking Toilets!!

Spoiler

Turbo Toilets are back!

• Like 1

On 3/8/2017 at 1:06 PM, cheesypoofs said:

Not gonna lie, this is my most anticipated animated film this year 

not going to lie that I never heard of this character until the announced the movie :P  so i have no idea what this is even about lol

7 minutes ago, cheesypoofs said:

I read a good majority of the books when I was growing up 

nice.  Yeah I am guessing it was way past my time for me to even know it existed :P 

Just now, cheesypoofs said:

Probably, I was in elementary school when I started reading them haha 

yeah I just looked when they came out as books and I was right that I was way too old at that point to know about them :P