Neo

Captain Underpants | June 2, 2017

Just now, UrosepsisFace said:

Somewhere in the world, people with jobs are going to work and sleeping instead of watching Youtube. Then, in May, they'll spend their hard earned money on the movie based on Pamela Anderson's assets back in the 90s. I'm not sure they'll be doing the same for CU...Again, this is my old-man bias. People think this will make more than Kong? This is culture shock for me...

Not saying Baywatch will underperform (thinking it gets past $150M domestic), but CU may do well ($85M-$150M domestic) too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Not saying Baywatch will underperform (thinking it gets past $150M domestic), but CU may do well ($85M-$150M domestic) too.

Going up against Wonder Woman and Cars is rough. It probably would've had a much better chance against either Lego movies.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

This film's hype levels are really high at my school.  I feel like this can hit 150M if the final marketing blitz is great.

Actually, same here at my School, mainly due to huge amounts of nostalgia. If this were released in August or had less competition, this would have been DWA's first film over $200M+ since Madagascar 3.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

I would so watch a goofy live action Captain Underpants with Seth Rogen as the protagonist and Jonah Hill as the antagonist.

Only if they make it R rated and have Franco and Robinson as Harold and George.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

yes and yes. especially the R-rated thing.

Also have George curse out the Bionic Booger Boy, like Robinson cursed out the demon in This Is The End.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Morieris said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtYfsdsnrGk&feature=youtu.be

It's clearly edited to high hell...and this is from one of DW's official channels. I swear, the entire movie better not be like this...

I saw it on a video advertisement earlier, it's clearly just meant to be a promo piece, not the full scene.

• Like 1

Loved these books growing up, looking forward to the movie, think the trailer looks great, but man, I feel like this is going to be a real missed opportunity because the marketing has been basically non-existent. It feels non-existent anyway.