Neo

Captain Underpants | June 2, 2017

11 minutes ago, cheesypoofs said:

If JW and IO can co-exist, I think this and WW will definitely be able to, even if not on as big of a scale as JW/IO

IO was massively anticipated. I'd like to think the best for this but I'm not sure

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

IO was massively anticipated. I'd like to think the best for this but I'm not sure

I think nostalgia from the books and good reviews should be enough anticipation for this. A performance similar to either Kung Fu Panda 3 or Trolls would be great for this.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cheesypoofs said:

If JW and IO can co-exist, I think this and WW will definitely be able to, even if not on as big of a scale as JW/IO

IO was different, as that had the Pixar/Disney brand and marketing power behind it. This movie doesn't feel as anticipated.

From Variety

Film Review: ‘Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie’

The animation in “Captain Underpants” has a softly popping candy-colored sheen. It’s a very pleasing concoction to look at, and it zips along infectiously, but viewed next to something like “Trolls” or “Finding Dory,” it’s a trifle of a movie. Hart, although he makes his personality felt, doesn’t really get the chance to bust loose. Yet “Captain Underpants” isn’t out to be more than a trifle; that’s part of its appeal. It’s not so much potty-mouthed as it is a potty-minded kiddie burlesque, one that finds the supreme innocence in naughtiness.

Sounds like kids should enjoy watching this.
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, cheesypoofs said:

I think nostalgia from the books and good reviews should be enough anticipation for this. A performance similar to either Kung Fu Panda 3 or Trolls would be great for this.

I don't think it'll do quite that much. 35/115 maybe?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, franfar said:

IO was different, as that had the Pixar/Disney brand and marketing power behind it. This movie doesn't feel as anticipated.

Hence why I said just not on as big of a scale. I don't think WW is going to be JW either. I just think that the two should be able to co-exist just fine.

4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I don't think it'll do quite that much. 35/115 maybe?

I wouldn't be surprised if it does more than that. I didn't think Boss Baby was going to be as big as it was and so far this seems to be a much superior film.

1 minute ago, Mojoguy said:

Just 10 reviews on RT so far? That seems really low. Do critics care about this?

Waiting so long to let the reviews come out was a huge mistake.

It's at 20 right now.