Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

20 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Tragic and I don't like the circumstances of his death. It sure reeks of a murder to me, how exactly do you "accidentally" do that to yourself? 

Could be more common than you think. Especially if driving a manual.

1 minute ago, junkshop36 said:

Well fuck! I hadn't really been looking at the news today and just found this out. 

Terrible. I really liked his version of Chekov. 

It'll be interesting to see what affect, box office wise, this will have on the movie. 

0 effect.

33 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Not to mention inclined driveways. Sometimes people forget to put things in the right position, especially if they're tired or in a rush.

Edited by Jay Beezy

29 minutes ago, John Doe said:

This will have a Heath Ledger/TDK effect for Star Trek Beyond, expect huge things. 

There might be *some* boost, but suffice it to say, Anton didn't have the kind of time with the character like Paul Walker did with Brian nor does he have that absolute transformative performance in Chekov that Heath Ledger gave for the Joker.

I'm curious as to how they'll proceed forward. Are there other copilots that Kirk/Spock had that can fly with Sulu? Hopefully they don't kill off Chekov via throwaway dialogue in the next one.

Edited by Jay Beezy

3 hours ago, MrPink said:

According to reports, Yelchin left the vehicle's engine running for some reason, and his house has a steep driveway. It was still running when his friends found him. He didn't set the parking brakes, one assumes. It was just a horrible accident. My heart breaks for his parents, who lost their only child.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AJG said:

Soooooo...

How fast will Paramount add Yelchin to all the advertising material? 

They'll just continue on with their marketing plans that were already set and will stick in an "In Loving Memory" dedication before the end credits scroll. Obviously the press tour is likely to be a largely somber affair for the most part.

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

They'll just continue on with their marketing plans that were already set and will stick in an "In Loving Memory" dedication before the end credits scroll. Obviously the press tour is likely to be a largely somber affair for the most part.

I don't beleive that at all. I bet good money the TV spots will make his character more prominent then previously thought. They'll probably take footage that's not in the movie to add more of the character to the ads. I also imagine a ton of clips given to TV shows for interviews will feature Yelchin's character so it's easier for the hosts to transition to talking about his death.

6 hours ago, AJG said:

I also imagine a ton of clips given to TV shows for interviews will feature Yelchin's character so it's easier for the hosts to transition to talking about his death.

Well, that's just logical.