CaptainJackSparrow

The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Record opening in Philippines and India, stabilizing elsewhere

Top markets for 'Spider-Man 2': U.K. ($15M), Mexico ($11.1M) Germany ($6.2M), Australia ($5.2M), Spain ($3.9M).

Sounds very great for Spidey. How those numbers compared to TASM OW in those respective markets?

It'll be huge during May holidays.

Top markets for 'Spider-Man 2': U.K. ($15M), Mexico ($11.1M) Germany ($6.2M), Australia ($5.2M), Spain ($3.9M).

Curious,it's a bit lower than TASM in the UK.Easter Sunday effect?

In Mexico it beat TASM (11m vs 9m).It's exactly what I expected : stagnant in the mature markets and stronger in the emerging markets.

In the end we can expect a slight improvement in OS numbers,800-850m WW seems a reasonable forecast

Curious,it's a bit lower than TASM in the UK.Easter Sunday effect?In Mexico it beat TASM (11m vs 9m).It's exactly what I expected : stagnant in the mature markets and stronger in the emerging markets.In the end we can expect a slight improvement in OS numbers,800-850m WW seems a reasonable forecast

TASM 1 opened on Tuesday I believe in the UK. 

Edited by John Marston

I guess when you break it down like this it is not too bad. Especially if Easter Monday is not factored in. Spain is lower than the first but that is expected.

Edited by John Marston

Sounds very great for Spidey. How those numbers compared to TASM OW in those respective markets?It'll be huge during May holidays.

There aren't May hollidays in Europe though bar May the first.  Hollidays are ending in many european markets after tomorrow.

There aren't May hollidays in Europe though bar May the first. Hollidays are ending in many european markets after tomorrow.

I didn't know that. Thanks Ent. May Day is big in Latin America and Asia though. Should make up for it.
  • Like 1

I didn't know that. Thanks Ent.May Day is big in Latin America and Asia though. Should make up for it.

May Day is big in Europe too, especially with it being on a Thursday most people will have a long weekend. The Easter holidays mostly end tomorrow though.

In Spain, TASM opened to 4 million $, but it was a 3-day opening. TASM2 figure should be for the 5 days period, so it has dropped here.

• Like 1

In Spain, TASM opened to 4 million $, but it was a 3-day opening. TASM2 figure should be for the 5 days period, so it has dropped here.

Well, that was kinda expected :lol: 

It also dropped here. But TASM didn't had a dead Sunday, while today has been a weak and quiet day at the movies over here, like it usually is on Easter Sunday. Both had the usual 4-day opening.

Opened on par with ASM1 ? That is disappointing ....

Easter Sunday is a very quiet day,with a weak activity,TASM2 basically lost one day.So no it's fine,the Mexican number is reassuring,meaning TASM2 will be strong in Latin America.
  • Like 1