CaptainJackSparrow

The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Record opening in Philippines and India, stabilizing elsewhere

CAP2 & TASM2 have great chance of killing it. I fear for XMDOFP. That superhero fatigue...

Disney is smart for putting GoTG all the way in August.

Superhero fatigue.....

To get me superhero fatigue they ll need to release a superhero movie every day..... XD

6th week, not 7th ;)But yes, there is no limits for 8AV. TASM opened to 4 million $ and I guess TASM2 should open with a similar amount (Fri-Sun period. It has opened on Wednesday because of Easter holidays). But it is facing our Avatar...

I don't think you shouldn't count on belgium for this one... At the kinopolis only 35% was sold for sat (evening shows!), so I don't know.

I do believe it can't do at least same busness as TASM but it could be hard.

Superhero fatigue.....

To get me superhero fatigue they ll need to release a superhero movie every day..... XD

But seriously, TASM bored me to death. Love IM1/2, CAP2, TA & TDK Trilogy. MoS, THOR2 & XMEN Trilogy are not bad. I even like Tim Burton BATMAN & BATMAN RETURNS despite the kitschy tone of those movies. But the rest of them are terrible mediocrities. It's hard to do superhero movies in the age of jaded audience. And I think studios are wasting their time & money by just doing a SH movie because they want to keep up with the Joneses or keep the rights to themselves.

Is it showing any signs of a big increase from last one? So far I dont see it showing any massive increases. So it needs 100M+ in china for it to come near 600M. I doubt it will make that much releasing after holidays but a gross around hobbit 2 would be a good target in China.

It's WAY too soon to say that,most of the fast-growing markets still wait for it,it has been released in mostly mature markets like the UK and Australia,and we need to wait Mexican numbers too.Patience,no need for a rushed prognosis.

It's WAY too soon to say that,most of the fast-growing markets still wait for it,it has been released in mostly mature markets like the UK and Australia,and we need to wait Mexican numbers too.Patience,no need for a rushed prognosis.

True.

But we got the problem that the exange rates are very low in the fast-grwoing markets...