CaptainJackSparrow

The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Record opening in Philippines and India, stabilizing elsewhere

This is very interesting.  Maybe the so called inevitable international increase won't happen.

It certainly won't in Korea and Japan isn't likely either, or if it does increase it will be very small. The competition there at the moment is the biggest in 4 years. 

China should increase but judging from the mixed reactions it's been getting it might not be as big as everyone expects. 

Hopefully some Latin American countries will break out.

• Like 2

This is very interesting.  Maybe the so called inevitable international increase won't happen.

You will probably be right. I was convinced about a 100-150 million increase WW relative to first part, and now it could be even fail to match first part.

• Like 3

I think Spidey is suffering from rehashing the same story over and over again.

They should have never retold Spiderman origin story...they should just went along with what Raimi has done, and improve from there, innovate, introducing other villains and just focus on doing a good movie.

Reboots are never a good option so soon after a beloved trilogy, just do like James Bond, replace the lead, make him evolving and introduce another adventure of him with some kinda continuity.

• Like 9

Don't wanne be pessimistic but it seems like spidy will have some troubles with passing TWS. Cause TASM had 750M WW=> TWS will do + 700M WW (I think) and with DOM decreas of atleast 20M it only got 30M left on TWS so if it show a small decrease on OS TWS will win this fight. And actualy I can see this happening (because spidy doesn't got a full run in china :(

Hope spiderman can hold TWS off him but it will be hars (with the first stats we got now)

Don't wanne be pessimistic but it seems like spidy will have some troubles with passing TWS. Cause TASM had 750M WW=> TWS will do + 700M WW (I think) and with DOM decreas of atleast 20M it only got 30M left on TWS so if it show a small decrease on OS TWS will win this fight. And actualy I can see this happening (because spidy doesn't got a full run in china :(

Hope spiderman can hold TWS off him but it will be hars (with the first stats we got now)

Can Captain American really do $750 ww i thought $700 mil was the ceiling as it is slowing down and TASM2 is being released?

SK opening doesn't really make sense but let's stop the doom & gloom for a second, the movie will increase. Let's not forget that Cap America came out not too long ago, is it possible that the so-long talked about superhero fatigue is definitely here in a few territories? 

The movie will make bank anyway, some of you are so over-reactive about everything. 

SK opening doesn't really make sense but let's stop the doom & gloom for a second, the movie will increase. Let's not forget that Cap America came out not too long ago, is it possible that the so-long talked about superhero fatigue is definitely here in a few territories? 

The movie will make bank anyway, some of you are so over-reactive about everything. 

It opened on par with the first last week and this week it will open lower in SK and Japan. It might still increase with China Russia etc., but we certainly don't know that it will increase.

• Like 1

Can Captain American really do $750 ww i thought $700 mil was the ceiling as it is slowing down and TASM2 is being released?

In my oppinion 700M WW is locked but I could be I just reach 701M but it might e 720M not 750 that would ask very very strong legs... 

This really needs to be the highest grossing film in the franchise (unadjusted) to be successful. It has to be well received in order to make the investment make worthwile (I don't see the film being well received and not being the highest grosser WW). Sony has invested around $400m into this movie and it will pay off if it leads to the expansion of the Spiderman universe. It would be disastrous if this makes less then TASM WW. 

How is it over reacting when you have hard data to support the theory that it might fall?

• Like 5

TASM2: South Korea (Thursday)Admissions: 104,042Gross: $0.79M2-Day: 294,959Presales: 116,990 (60.1% share)TASM comparisonAdmissions: 284,826Gross: $2.1M2-Day: 556,981Presales: 179,779 (71.4% share)Note, it was a Friday for TASMshockingly bad for TASM2... :o

Thursday number is wrong!175,180/369,300

Thursday number is wrong!175,180/369,300

KOBIS updated their number. Thank you for the correction. Honestly that 86% drop reported was too difficult to believe so I'm glad it was just an error. It's still a decline though

Too many villains, too much CGI, too many ridiculous action scenes, too much Jamie Foxx, too much of the same-old, same-old, and too many villains.

It actually didn't have that many action scenes and definitely not too much Jamie Foxx. And in the end it only came down to only one masked villain which was pleasantly surprising. Plus, the story, while not being all that good, wasn't a re-hash of anything we'we seen before in a Spidey movie.

Screendaily (Published Yesterday)

"Sony’s The Amazing Spider-Man 2 has raced to $62.6m after launching in 14 markets last weekend and arrives in a further 30-or-so territories.

The volume of major markets must make Spidey the favourite to claim the prize this weekend. The action spectacle swings into Russia, South Korea, Italy, Argentina and Japan, among others."