CaptainJackSparrow

The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Record opening in Philippines and India, stabilizing elsewhere

So Spidey's opening weekend is getting beat by Frozen's 5th weekend?   :rofl:

Well that's not fair. Frozen is a beast in Japan.  The fact that all those other movies are beating Spidey is the real problem. It didn't even come in 2nd place. :(

• Like 2

A little late for that now, but yeah, that  would've been a better call. Or even a soft reboot, but a full on retelling of the origin was just completely unnecessary.

Heck, maybe even a Venom movie with no Spider-Man whatsoever would've made more sense. Could've given Spidey more time to rest.

What I heard parent company of Columbia Pictures, Sony, is somewhat superstitious of Number 4. After SPIDER-MAN 3, instead of calling the next SPIDEY SPIDER-MAN4, they rebooted the series and have a fresh start. Will there be a TASM4? Or they are rebooting the series and call it THE NEW ADVENTURES OF SPIDER-MAN starring Logan Lerman.

Posted Image

Edited by zackzack

They should have kept it in the Summer.

Football season. Brazil

?

Also the Lizard is out in 2nd half of May

Warner is doing Global Rollout ala MATRIX RELOADED

which studios should be doing with SH movies...

Edited by zackzack
  • Like 1

Did you see 2015 calendar?  :)

2015..TA2. Everybody stays out.

Remember, remember 2012: how BATTLESHIP & DARK SHADOWS got clobbered by Tony & team

MIB3's 2nd weekend is only $8M more than TA's 5th weekend!

Edited by zackzack

Even if this decreases both OS and DOM, Sony will still make another. Right now the next one comes out on June 10 DOM (2 weeks before OS). I would change this. I would put it in early July OS and mid July DOM.

Even if this decreases both OS and DOM, Sony will still make another. Right now the next one comes out on June 10 DOM (2 weeks before OS). I would change this. I would put it in early July OS and mid July DOM.

There is already another Marvel movie in July. I think a November release date is a good idea

I would also cancel the Sinister Six spin off (Venom I think is OK but I think they need to wait). And get Drew Goddard to work on ASM 3 instead

Edited by John Marston

I know Czech market is small but some of our 3D screenings were less than 1% full today! Raimi's movies always finished in Top15, TASM1 was 28th but this one will be very lucky to even make Top50! Crazy!

That is because the Czech have good taste in movies. 

• Like 1

2015..TA2. Everybody stays out.

Remember, remember 2012: how BATTLESHIP & DARK SHADOWS got clobbered by Tony & team

MIB3's 2nd weekend is only $8M more than TA's 5th weekend!

Those where shit movies and would have always bomb. Better movies would have had better OW.

• Like 1

I totally expected the possibility of domestic numbers going down, but definitely not OS. Sony basically followed the Marvel play book with the early OS release schedule in May to take advantage of holidays, and they even have more advantage than TA and IM3 with the Easter holidays in some major markets. 500M is of course, still a big number, but barely an increase from the first or even possibly decrease, while in a very good position competitions and release dates-wise; that would just be bad.

So Spidey's opening weekend is getting beat by Frozen's 5th weekend?   :rofl:

Frozen is in it's 7th consecutive weekend at #1 and is yet the biggest imported animated ever. This week opened also in 3d dubbed and sing-along release and many screens are sold-out. In addiction to japanese frozen's folly, TASM2 opened in a less number of screens than TASM and in my honest opinion isn't a great movie: tons of cgi, dozen of carachters, twilight-level dialogues and a little bit Spiderman.

• Like 1