CaptainJackSparrow

The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Record opening in Philippines and India, stabilizing elsewhere

Actually this is bad news for X-Men as well whose hype isn't that great. Comicbook movie fatigue it also an issue.

I think different, if TASM2 is underperforming, X-men (and Godzilla) will overperform, but we aren't waiting a enormous box office for X-men, right!?. TASM2 has nothing attractive (Many villains isn't attractive) but X-men will bring back original cast, this is attractive.

• Like 2

I don't see any more interest for X-Men than Spider-Man and definitely not as much as MOS or Captain America at the same point

I have hope it can do 700M WW (my prediction is 610M), here in my country people are very interesting in see it but does not mean much. GO X-men!!

Edited by alisson23
  • Like 1

I think different, if TASM2 is underperforming, X-men (and Godzilla) will overperform, but we aren't waiting a enormous box office for X-men, right!?. TASM2 has nothing attractive (Many villains isn't attractive) but X-men will bring back original cast, this is attractive.

TASM2 vs new XMEN: only replacing Emma Stone with Jennifer Lawrence may can mean +100M$ WW

• Like 1

I would have never guessed that this could decrease from TASM and thought it would likely be the biggest WW gross for the Spidey franchise unadjusted. I can't remember seeing a film so heavily advertised and I thought the first one was generally well-received. I guess not. 

Bad news coming from Europe  :(

In Italy TASM2 is definitely not going to reach TASM OW €4.5m. It did €3.25m in 4 days and on Sunday it should do less than €1m. Maybe in U$S it do better than TASM because the exchange rate is better this year than in 2012 so is not all lost. 

But in Spain the scenario is even worst. TASM2 opened in second last weekend. And Yesterday it fell to the third spot and you are never going to believe which movie opened on second on Friday: Pompeii!!!!  :blink:

China, we really need you to help Spidey!!!!  :worthy:

• Like 5

I would have never guessed that this could decrease from TASM and thought it would likely be the biggest WW gross for the Spidey franchise unadjusted. I can't remember seeing a film so heavily advertised and I thought the first one was generally well-received. I guess not. 

I think TASM's reception was more lukewarm. Not really hated, not really liked, just sorta there, like the first Hobbit.

• Like 2

I think TASM's reception was more lukewarm. Not really hated, not really liked, just sorta there, like the first Hobbit.

I think TASM was still riding on Raimi's Spidey popularity and that Webb's Spidey true test of popularity is what we are experiencing now.

• Like 1