CaptainJackSparrow

Godzilla OS, Huge debut, drops like a stone afterwards.

I don't think the drops have as much to do with WOM rather than competition. X-Men opened to an outstanding $171M OS OW, Godzilla would have likely decreased 40-50% if X-Men wasn't released this week.

Double Amen. Xmen team up is just drawing bac folks to the franchise... Godzilla

will rebound thanks to China and Japan.. :)

I doubt it will do more than 210M from the current markets. WOM is bad. I think 300M OS is the target and 500M WW. Humongous disappointment considering I was expecting at least 700M WW.

200-210 dom looks right.

should cross 300 os though. had a 34.5m(-66.5%) weekend that took it to 166.6m. so 220m in current markets + japan + china.

may not go past 550 ww. pac rim made 309m os so i thought 350m+ was a lock for this.

but 500-550m is still great.

Edited by a2k

"Godzilla opens in China in June, and then Japan in July. If it lives up to its potential in those two markets, it should wind up with over $400 million."

http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3845&p=.htm

EDIT: 250m/450m/700m seems possible.

Yep if not for the storms and Fema level disasters going on with flooding in NE, Godzilla would be making up to 270-290M :)..

Love how folks listenin to haters before checking out weather conditions of US...  Iknew something was instantly

wrong with Xmen 2014 OW and Godzillas 2nd weekend.. All can read this and repost to trolls

talking about Xmen and Godzilla had terrible weekends or folks not coming out to see Xmen like ole its tired.

Wrong...And YEEEEHAW on Godzilla OS......Can we make it to 500+M OS...All?

Post comments

my quote(more importantly, the numbers) you replied to was 1 week old.

BOM have changed their outlook to

"Godzilla added $34.5 million overseas, which is a massive 67 percent decline from last weekend...It's going to need huge results from China and Japan to get anywhere close to $400 million overseas."

http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3848&p=.htm

Edited by a2k

200-210 dom looks right.should cross 300 os though. had a 34.5m(-66.5%) weekend that took it to 166.6m. so 220m in current markets + japan + china.may not go past 550 ww. pac rim made 309m os so i thought 350m+ was a lock for this.but 500-550m is still great.

50M japan 100M China 230M Rest of maekets 220M U.S.A 600M WWAlmost 4x the production budget. Pretty awesome.

It dropped 67% 7days VS 3~5 days, had a 63m week, even it drops just 60% from now, it will only makes another 40m (25+10+4+2) from current markets for 166+40=206m total. 

It could bomb in Japan .... like PR and other noisy Hollywood action flicks.

Given the schedule in China and how it drops in OS, probably just $80m from China.

300m OS is the target, once again.

There is a solid chance that it makes less than PR OS ...

Edited by firedeep

It dropped 67% 7days VS 3~5 days, had a 63m week, even it drops just 60% from now, it will only makes another 40m (25+10+4+2) from current markets for 166+40=206m total. It will bomb in Japan for sure.Given the schedule in China and how it drops in OS, probably just $80m from China.300m OS is the target, once again.There is a solid chance that it makes less than PR OS ...

Nope many articles have stated that Japan is hyped about Godzilla. 50M should be done IMO.

I bet Godzilla makes more than 3 times as much in China than in Japan.

Why should Japanese watch their cultural heritage in a Hollywood movie?

Sound Of Music is practically unknown in Austria for instance.

I bet Godzilla makes more than 3 times as much in China than in Japan.

Why should Japanese watch their cultural heritage in a Hollywood movie?

Sound Of Music is practically unknown in Austria for instance.

Really? That's surprising. I thought Sound of Music was a great film

50M japan100M China230M Rest of maekets220M U.S.A600M WWAlmost 4x the production budget. Pretty awesome.

And it might just do 70-80+M in Japand and 130-150+M in China.

So 390-460+M OS is still in the cards.. We may just get that 640+M WW Godzilla.. Stand Fast!!

Nope many articles have stated that Japan is hyped about Godzilla. 50M should be done IMO.

Im hoping it goes Super Sayjin with 70-100+M :). .ANd shakes up these haters ROFL.

Imagine if between Japan and China alone that Godzilla makes 220-260M!! LOL

Im going to so rub in the face of the hater crew and their logic lol