CaptainJackSparrow

Godzilla OS, Huge debut, drops like a stone afterwards.

Fortune teller firedeep giving his predictions after only one day of release, amazing as always.

Otherwise, it opening lower than TASM2 in a few markets is supposed to be surprising? It's going to do less than TASM2 OS, simple as that.

500-550 M WW is probably the target. 

Guess what ? I am always right. ASM2 is struggling to match ASM OS. I called it on OD.

Most members thought this Godzilla should do at least 400m~500m OS.  It is not reaching that number. How is that not disappointing ?

Its OD numbers is not just below ASM2, but well below PR in Asia markets.

Godzilla 98 did 243m without inflation. It is a diaster that this one just does 300m-ish after 16 years inflation and expanding markets.

• Like 1

Guess what ? I am always right. ASM2 is struggling to match ASM OS. I called it on OD. Most members thought this Godzilla should do at least 400m~500m OS.  It is not reaching that number. How is that not disappointing ? Its OD numbers is not just below ASM2, but well below PR in Asia markets. Godzilla 98 did 243m without inflation. It is a diaster that this one just does 300m-ish after 16 years inflation and expanding markets.

Don't you think it's waaaaaaaay to early to call how much this is making. And no you're not always right, you've beeen wrong many times before.
  • Like 1

Was exaggerating .... of course. But seriously, by my experience, this one is going 300m os or a little more depending on legs.

So far, every 2014 film has underperformed OS. Wonder which will be the first to breakout.

Edited by firedeep

Was exaggerating .... of course. But seriously, by my experience, this one is going 300m os or a little more depending on legs.

So far, every 2014 film has underperformed OS. Wonder which will be the first to breakout.

How did Cap 2 underperform? The first movie barely made $200m overseas.

• Like 6

Well yeah, it is expanding as a market, but 2 weeks won't make a huge difference :P. TASM2 and TF4 (and maybe X-Men) were the contenders for #1 of the year (and all time), because we love superheroes and Transformers, but I didn't think Godzilla would be too. I mean, I knew it would be big, but not to the extent that it would open bigger than TASM2. So either that info is wrong, or Godzilla is doing much better than I thought.

Godzilla is popular in Indonesia, I'm sure everyone knows about Godzilla. But, yeah I'm surprised that it opened higher than TASM2. According to THR, it earned $325,000 from 308 screens

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-godzilla-opens-no-704546

India BO 

Godzilla took a good opening all over especially the 3D version in English in the big cities which was as high as 80% at some centres. Overall the opening is in the 50-55% range. The film will have an very strong first day and sure to be amongst the biggest ever for Hollywood releases. But No Record opening today was election results so it hit the movie to an extent!!!! 

2nd best aftr TASM 2 this year 

i guess DOFP will open to less numbers than godzilla if it gets BlockBuster WOM 

Edited by Superstancer
  • Like 1

Godzilla is popular in Indonesia, I'm sure everyone knows about Godzilla. But, yeah I'm surprised that it opened higher than TASM2. According to THR, it earned $325,000 from 308 screens

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-godzilla-opens-no-704546

But it says "best OD of the year", not "of all time". So if it's not a record, that means TASM2 did not break the record too. And that contradicts the report on TASM2 that we got. Anyway, that's a great number. Can't wait for the OW.

But it is flopping in Asia.

You mean South Korea. We can't call it flopping in "Asia" when it's only happening in one Asian country lol. It's doing great in the other Asian countries whose opening numbers have already been reported.

Edited by catlover
  • Like 2

But it says "best OD of the year", not "of all time". So if it's not a record, that means TASM2 did not break the record too. And that contradicts the report on TASM2 that we got. Anyway, that's a great number. Can't wait for the OW.

You mean South Korea. We can't call it flopping in "Asia" when it's only happening in one Asian country lol. It's doing great in the other Asian countries whose opening numbers have already been reported.

TASM2 broke the OW record of all time right ? So maybe TASM2 OD was not the biggest of all time but the OW was.

TASM2 broke the OW record of all time right ? So maybe TASM2 OD was not the biggest of all time but the OW was.

I think it was OD. TASM2's OW was 5.1m if I remember correctly, and since it opened on Wednesday, that means it's 5-day OW. IM3 made 5.3m in 4 days. So it didn't break the OW record. That's why I'm confused.

I think it was OD. TASM2's OW was 5.1m if I remember correctly, and since it opened on Wednesday, that means it's 5-day OW. IM3 made 5.3m in 4 days. So it didn't break the OW record. That's why I'm confused.

Ok, that's very confusing. I think we need to email 21 and ask them to release daily data. :P

Ok, that's very confusing. I think we need to email 21 and ask them to release daily data. :P

Good idea, but it's useless I think. You know how it is here, nothing is really transparent when we're talking about money. :P

The Grand Budapest Hotel, The Lego Movie, Need for Speed, and Non-Stop haven't done well overseas?

The Grand Budapest Hotel $93.8m, The Lego Movie $206.4m, Need for Speed $159.7m, and Non-Stop $107m haven't done well overseas?

OS: TASM2 $404.6m, Noah $239m, Rio2 $209.5m and 300:RoaE $224.3m

Edit: Rio 2 $309.5m ;-)

Edited by Henry II of Arendelle

OS: TASM2 $404.6m, Noah $239m, Rio2 $209.5m and 300:RoaE $224.3m

O I am aware, but the films I mentioned are unqualified successes. Some might argue that Noah, Rio 2, and TASM 2 should have done more OS. But I agree that 300 did pretty great OS. 

• Like 1

O I am aware, but the films I mentioned are unqualified successes. Some might argue that Noah, Rio 2, and TASM 2 should have done more OS. But I agree that 300 did pretty great OS.

Spideman 2 did less than Spiderman OS... Rio 2 and TASM 2 are on track to at least match its predecesors overseas. That's good enough for me ;-)
  • Like 1

Spideman 2 did less than Spiderman OS... Rio 2 and TASM 2 are on track to at least match its predecesors overseas. That's good enough for me ;-)

This is true, although I don't know if I have seen a film so heavily advertised as TASM2. Because of this it really should have grossed significantly more imo. However, it's only a disappointment because of the weak domestic performance. But you're right about Rio 2, it's a hit no matter how you slice it. 

• Like 1