CaptainJackSparrow

Godzilla OS, Huge debut, drops like a stone afterwards.

Yep, i'm starting to think that 500 OS is not that crazy. It will do huge in South America and incredible in Asia...the key will be Europe.

If its the game changer everyone is saying  I dont think 700-800+M OS is crazy either Picores. This could be the one that brings back that insane Jurassic Park like  run :)

in China & Japan alone it can make $150m to $200m or around $220m. 

It won't do well in Japan. As I have learned on this forum Japan has an aging population and the giant monster films have lost a lot of steam over there. Add in the fact that they are still very sensitive about the tsunami and nuclear disaster, I just see it doing that well. It will probably do better than Pacific Rim, but that's not saying much.

It won't do well in Japan. As I have learned on this forum Japan has an aging population and the giant monster films have lost a lot of steam over there. Add in the fact that they are still very sensitive about the tsunami and nuclear disaster, I just see it doing that well. It will probably do better than Pacific Rim, but that's not saying much.

I agree. Chances are not great that it will break out..But China should do 100-150 mill aloneBut its funny to talk about an aging population witth Frozen going for 150 mill$I see around 400 mill total OS
  • Like 2

in China & Japan alone it can make $150m to $200m or around $220m. 

I am optimistic GODZIE can do better business than PACRIM in China. An optimistic $120M in China is possible, or a cautious $80M. As for Japan, look at all those Japanese-themed films that Hollywood has been offering: PACRIM (mecha/kaiju), WOLVIE (yakuza thriller), 47 RONIN (samurai movie)- all stank in Japan. Japanese want they cannot get : Disney cartoon & musical & Harry Potter

Edited by zackzack

Yep, i'm starting to think that 500 OS is not that crazy. It will do huge in South America and incredible in Asia...the key will be Europe.

Europe likes disaster flicks like 2012, it did close to $200M in UK/France/Germany/Spain/Italy/Russia. But rampaging giant lizard? Will do well in Asia & S.America no doubt but the recent ferry disaster with hundreds of young students drowned in Korea may pose a challenge. That news is huge in Asia with constant coverage and pictures of screaming mothers and inept officials. I think the Koreans and Asians in general will not find mass disaster fun to watch in the near future.

Then again, I could be wrong.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by zackzack

Europe likes disaster flicks like 2012, it did close to $200M in UK/France/Germany/Spain/Italy/Russia. But rampaging giant lizard? Will do well in Asia & S.America no doubt but the recent ferry disaster with hundreds of young students drowned in Korea may pose a challenge. That news is huge in Asia with constant coverage and pictures of screaming mothers and inept officials. I think the Koreans and Asians in general will not find mass disaster fun to watch in the near future.

Then again, I could be wrong.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And ST: ID totally bombed in America because of the Boston Bombings.