grim22

Weekend Estimates: Thor TDW 86.1M, Ender 10.25, Free Birds 11.2, Grav 8.4, BG 11.3, Last Vegas 11.1

Still sticking with 400 M. - BKB Posted Image

I think we are loosing so much fun with BKB and his partner in crime Squaremaster316 being away. But the later going out of jail today! 

Edited by Talon
  • Like 1

If the OW are big enough I don't think they will. A 250M OW for AOU would need slightly under a 2.5X and with no competition as of now 2.6X could be lowballing it. 

I dont see 250m happening. 3d is waning and average ticket price has gone down bcos of that. I think its ow will be around avengers OW. Plus novelty wont be there and so I dont see legs close to avengers. I would say 200/500 for now with decent reception.

Exactly.

What thoroughly befuddles me is why some of the Loktards STILL try to sugarcoat this humiliating failure.

Human nature never ceases to amuse me.

Yeah, a c-level superhero like Thor making Superman money worldwide is such a huge failure.

Disney will have at least 4 MCU franchises pulling in over 500 m each. They must be kicking themselves for buying Marvel right now.

400m is never a given for anything.  People were predicting that for The Hobbit, which failed and Toy Story 3 which barely made it over.

There's a difference between the Hobbit and SW.  The Hobbit failed to meet the lofty expectations of it's predecessor where as the prequels exceeded that of its predecessors (unadjusted of course).  SW already has the precedent set.  

• Like 3

$31.633m official for Thor

No meltdown here, that's actually pretty good.  So if it gets a 20% bump today, minus thursday, it should do close to 29 for Saturday.

• Like 2