grim22

Weekend Estimates: Thor TDW 86.1M, Ender 10.25, Free Birds 11.2, Grav 8.4, BG 11.3, Last Vegas 11.1

People wont even recognize them.

Buddy, if I can lose 30 pounds in 30 days, and I'm not making a 200 million dollar movie, these guys can lose whatever weight needs to be lost to make them suitable for the part.

From the people that were convinced $80 million wknd was too low / couldn't happen / etc. Same reason it happens with any movie, I suppose...

(Not saying I agree with it by any stretch.)

LOL Didn't you make a whole thread about this last week? I need to bump that thread. It should have been titled. "The Avengers Effect: A Cautionary Tale"

• Like 1

I think 400M is locked with that release date. It's going to have a 100M+ OW and I just don't see how it misses that mark even if it has bad WOM but with JJ on board, I seriously doubt it'll be bad. 

I thought the same about trek 2. Trek had awesome WOM and with Trek 2 should increase. But that did not happen. So I would not say anything is locked. I am legend/Hobbit etc had < 4x legs. I would say Hobbit OW was a disappointment as well. So pre christmas weekend might reduce the OW potential.

Naah, I beg to differ. Phantom Menace came off the super-beloved original trilogy. SW 7 comes off the garbage that was the prequels. Hype will be nowhere near what it was for Phantom Menace, imo.

ROTS was generally well-received. Not OT level sure, but the average SW fan would consider it a good movie, even with some continuing flaws. Plus the length of time between films eases the lingering bad taste AND this is a film linked to the OT and which breaks new ground.

I thought the same about trek 2. Trek had awesome WOM and with Trek 2 should increase. But that did not happen. So I would not say anything is locked. I am legend/Hobbit etc had < 4x legs. I would say Hobbit OW was a disappointment as well. So pre christmas weekend might reduce the OW potential.

I think 120M+ on OW is likely. SW fanbase is as rabid as Potter or Twilight. They'll be there regardless of when SW7 is released.