grim22

Weekend Estimates: Thor TDW 86.1M, Ender 10.25, Free Birds 11.2, Grav 8.4, BG 11.3, Last Vegas 11.1

hope people are joking with the "flop" comments lol thor is a d-list superhero. I'm still surprised he has a film franchise :P

A D list superhero wouldn't have his book last 377 issues.

Edited by Fancyarcher

I don't think money was every an issue with RDJ for IM.  I just don't think he wants to make anymore superhero movies.  He made something like 70 mill for Avengers and I think another 50 for IM3.  So I don't think money is the issue with him, it's just lack of interest.  I don't think many people in Hollywood are as money hoarding as Will Smith.

As for Thor, if it goes over 80, it's pretty good but if it doesn't, imo it's a little weak.  It's a good increase but I think a lot of us were expecting at least 90 mill.  With THG coming out and this being a sequel, if it misses 80 mill OW, will it still make 200?  If it opens to 75 mill, a 2.5X gets it to 192.5 mill.

• Like 2

Info is coming from Variety not Nikki

They don't have any more of a reliable source than Nikki does.  They take the numbers that are reported and then extrapolate and add in their own projections.  

• Like 2

Info is coming from Variety not Nikki

They're worse.They were the morons that thought TA couldn't beat Avatar's 2nd weekend even though it was in fucking May with same Friday as Avatar. TA ended beating their prediction by 30M that weekend.  

I did not predict it, but I had this gut feeling that Thor 2 would underwhelm like Star Trek into Darkness.  STID had predictions that were 'entitling' it to open to huge numbers when no one stopped to look at reality.  Lately, I was always thinking that "it is just Thor.... why so huge?, but I still gave it a 95M OW.  however was THOR really entitled this?