Neo

Pan | Oct. 9, 2015 | New Trailer on Page 25!

So this is not only Peter Pan Begins, but also Pan-vatar, with pixie dust as the stand-in for Unobtainium?

And am I the only one who got a vibe of this being more a semi-knockoff of Stardust with the Peter Pan mythos grafted onto it?

Meanwhile, there must be rejoicing at Disney, for this will be forgotten in five years and they can conceivably swoop in with their own live-action remake of the 1952 version, or their purported Peter and the Starcatchers adaptation, without fear of it being confused with this one. (Not saying that's a good thing either, but my point is that this has no chance of gaining a foothold in the public consciousness...)

Peter and the Starcatchers please Edited by Ethan Hunt

Yikes...well, now we know why it was delayed from Summer.  Based on the reviews, I expect this property to be put back on the shelves for another decade or more...unless it blows up in international receipts.  I still haven't gotten round to seeing the 2003 film.

• Like 1

This looks like Joe Wright trying as hard as he can to be Baz Lurhman and the script messing things up. Yeesh.

Partly that, and partly he decided to make Peter Pan more "Adult" by making it "Darker and Grittier". Sheesh. This "Everything has to be dark and gritty" disease is spreading from Comic Book Hero movies to other genres. I am fully aware the Barrie play has some dark moments..that most fo the film versions have overlooked..but nothing like what Wright has apparently done with the film.

And the film apparently totally lack a sense of whimsy,and that is what the play is all about.

And,frankly, I am stick of taking classics and trying to make comic book hero type franchises out of them.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

Partly that, and partly he decided to make Peter Pan more "Adult" by making it "Darker and Grittier". Sheesh. This "Everything has to be dark and gritty" disease is spreading from Comic Book Hero movies to other genres. I am fully aware the Barrie play has some dark moments..that most fo the film versions have overlooked..but nothing like what Wright has apparently done with the film.

And the film apparently totally lack a sense of whimsy,and that is what the play is all about.

And,frankly, I am stick of taking classics and trying to make comic book hero type franchises out of them.

This is dark and gritty?

Is Levi Miller's parents friends of the Weinsteins or something?  Do they have pictures of pictures of Kevin Tsujihara screwing a goat or some other animal?

How else do you explain his name being in the latest trailer, like all over it at the end, and yet not one mention of their biggest star, you know, Wolverine?

This looks like an epic mess, imo.

• Like 2

Is Levi Miller's parents friends of the Weinsteins or something?  Do they have pictures of pictures of Kevin Tsujihara screwing a goat or some other animal?

How else do you explain his name being in the latest trailer, like all over it at the end, and yet not one mention of their biggest star, you know, Wolverine?

This looks like an epic mess, imo.

Hugh Jackman is the first person to be billed in all of the marketing. Levi Miller comes last because he has an "And Introducing" credit.

• Like 1

The early reviews are not very good.

Yeah, I see a trainwreck coming.

Another sign is they are opening it in early October.October is a dumping ground for Family films. If you have a lot of confidence in a Family film,you open it in June or July for the Summer kids audience, or November and December for the Holidays. October is great for Horror films,but you want to avoid it for family films.

• Like 1

GREAT EARLY RT REVIEWS:

There are times in Pan when you are left in awe of what you are seeing, with some remarkable visuals, and the occasional scene that will have you completely mesmerised.

Joe Wright's over-the-top use of colour in Neverland gives the film an impressive visual style that should charm adolescent audiences.
  • Like 1