Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

1 minute ago, noknobs said:

?

I'm not good at math but pretty sure this is over a million...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AntcyqJ6brc

Must have updated. Anyways, I really wouldn't consider that number strong considering how well WW, The Mummy, and Cars 3's trailers performed. Even Pirates was performing much better.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Must have updated. Anyways, I really wouldn't consider that number strong considering how well WW, The Mummy, and Cars 3's trailers performed. Even Pirates was performing much better.

Trailer just released yesterday night. AOE trailers on YouTube got less views than Godzilla, DOFP and ASM 2 and still beat them

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Trailer just released yesterday night. AOE trailers on YouTube got less views than Godzilla, DOFP and ASM 2 and still beat them

Even then, it's performing terribly compared to the movies I mentioned. Mummy already had over 3M views in a shorter amount of time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jake Gittes said:

I would laugh so hard if the audiences actually IDR'd this come June. 

Many of us are predicting a very, very likelihood of sub or ~$200m us domestic.

The prior two films have had sizable downward Domestic hauls. With TF:4 bringing just $245us domestic.

Now if it pulls an ID:R and barely makes $100m I think that would surprise but don't count on that sizable of a drop happening. 

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Even then, it's performing terribly compared to the movies I mentioned. Mummy already had over 3M views in a shorter amount of time.

Gawd Duhamel not bringing in da viewz. They need to show T$rese in the next trailer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

The Mummy has more views than GOTG 2 apparently so it is probably getting some curiosity. A lot of comments are people just talking about Tom Cruise or saying they wish it was a Brendan Fraser comeback lol

looking at 2014

Age of Extinction first trailer 2.5 million views

Dragon 2 first trailer - 9.7 million views 

Dawn of the Apes first trailer - 10.9 million views

Godzilla first trailer - 16.7 million views 

Days of Future Past first trailer - 33.7 million views

Amazing Spider-Man 2 first trailer - 36.6 million views

and AOE ended up doing the best 

don't get me wrong I don't expect a huge domestic hit but I think I think trailer views mean little unless they are gigantic

Edited by John Marston

32 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

Many of us are predicting a very, very likelihood of sub or ~$200m us domestic.

The prior two films have had sizable downward Domestic hauls. With TF:4 bringing just $245us domestic.

Now if it pulls an ID:R and barely makes $100m I think that would surprise but don't count on that sizable of a drop happening. 

I'm thinking no more than 175 myself. TF4 dropped 30% from TF3, wasn't as well-liked, and this trailer doesn't really show anything new or revelatory in terms of spectacle (don't tell me anyone is watching this shit for story), so it should keep dropping at the same speed. But if it actually drops all the way down to 100-125m... that would be a sight to see. 

Just now, antovolk said:

Haddock's character or the 15 year old Nickelodeon star? If the former...funny coincidence her husband was in THG

Whoever the girl living in the streets was, the one with the Transformer partner. Probably the 15 year old