Punishment

THG Catching Fire $25.25m Thursday Previews

Oh, exhibitors would love that. The technology just isn't up to par for large-screen presentations yet, though (and won't be for the foreseeable future).

Yeah, thats what I figured. Same issue with 4K TVs. The PS4 and XB1 were built for 4K, but you can still only play games in 1080p because 4K requires so much bandwith and disk space thats its just not feasible today. I know HD TV took off fast - now DirecTV has hundreds of channels in HD, but I don't think we'll see a good amount of 4K channels until maybe 2020's and I don't think we'll see $1000 4K TV's at Best Buy for a while either because its just soooo much space thats required. There are plenty of 4K cameras out, but again they don't require all that.

Edited by Jandrew

Best Man Holiday $1,416,800

Last Vegas $622,318

Bad Grandpa $622,318

Actually my dad asked me today whether "that movie with Morgan Freeman and Michael Douglas is out yet" and I said yeah, its playing right now. So we're seeing Last Vegas tomorrow. 

Edited by Jack Nevada
  • Like 1

You sure they haven't converted it to digital projection? There are only around 30 real IMAX screens in the country that use film projection at this point. Nolan demanded over 100 for TDKR and as far as I know, WB delivered on that demand.

OMG! I've been duped!!!

Per Wiki,

In September 2012, both theaters removed their 15/70 Film projectors and replaced them with digital projectors.[3]

Posted Image

• Like 2

Guess what, I don't care what the OD numbers are. Those are 2 things Lionsgate messed up and thats 2 reasons why I dont see over $400M and drop like SM1 to SM2 and an opening of $170M. Bye.

really? Theyve had IMAX in the marketing pretty claerly. Jena Malone and Sam have been pretty up and front as the new characters. You havent been paying attention if you didnt know about that. 180-200m was never a realistic opening for this movie considering:

Number 1-it wasnt in 3d

number 2- its a sequel

number 3-Its in November

Lionsgate  put on an excellent marketing campaign, IMO. Fangurls expecting 200m were delusional, plain and simple. Bye. 

Edited by babz06

Actually my dad asked me today whether "that movie with Morgan Freeman and Michael Douglas is out yet" and I said yeah, its playing right now. So we're seeing Last Vegas tomorrow. 

I might check it out too. I was hoping Book Thief would open there.

really? Theyve had IMAX in the marketing pretty claerly. Jena Malone and Sam have been pretty up and front as the new characters. You havent been paying attention if you didnt know about that. 180-200m was never a realistic opening for this movie considering:

Number 1-it wasnt in 3d

number 2- its a sequel

number 3-Its in November

Lionsgate  put on an excellent marketing campaign, IMO. Fangurls expecting 200m were delusional, plain and simple. Bye. 

So you expect $180-200m from a non-sequel?

We're doing the BOF Awards thingy again in January, right? I know this isn't getting Oscars, but I see us voting Lawrence for Best Actress. 

I hope we do that again. it was fun. And I hope the girl from Upstream Color wins actress or someone causing some to freak out like when The Master won Best Film last year. :lol:

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1

The biggest rip-off LieMax I have seen is the Century City one. The screen is no bigger than a normal movie screen. They show 2 batches of trailers before the movie - one says "This trailer has not been optimized for the IMAX experience" and the other says "This is the IMAX experience" and both sets of trailers look and sound the exact same.

The best IMAX I have been to was in India - the Prasadz IMAX in Hyderabad. There was a stretch of time when I would watch every single movie released on that IMAX screen. It is pretty humongous. I remember the first time I walked in to the theater, I went "Holy mother of god, this is HUGE". I haven't had that feeling in any other IMAX screen post that.

• Like 1

Number 1-it wasnt in 3d

number 2- its a sequel

number 3-Its in November

I actually have been paying attention because the commercials come on my TV every 10 minutes and Ive seen the ads in my town. Finnick was given his own poster, so what? That tells us nothing. #1- I'm aware it wasn't 3D, I don't 3D wouldve made too much a difference regardless. #2- Obviously its a sequel, but how does that hurt? #3- I know what month it is. $175M was the highest I saw for this, not $180-200M so your 3 arguments have no weight considering they were based off an assumption. If Lionsgates marketing was A+, I don't think others in this thread would be talking about the lacking of it as well, no? Bye.

Edited by Jandrew