Punishment

THG Catching Fire $25.25m Thursday Previews

Atm CF Playing more like DH1 then THG, but honesty anything can happen hours going forward

Rth, do you still have data on how DH1 did during matinees?  I'm guessing something like 12M Matinees, and then 25M Evenings?

I think everyone needs to take a deep breath.  It's 5:30 on the east coast and 2:30 out west.  

Yeah, anything can still happen really. No need to freak out over anything till we start getting some Fridays estimates atleast.

If CF is playing like DH1 so far... being that it's only 5:30 EST and it's in the middle of November compared to middle of July I would say that is fucking fantastic.

You're completely missing the point.   :)

And btw:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1

Domestic Total Gross: $295,983,305 Distributor: Warner Bros. Release Date:November 19, 2010 Genre: Fantasy Runtime: 2 hrs. 30 min. MPAA Rating: PG-13 Production Budget: N/A Edited by baumer
  • Like 1

If CF is playing like DH1 so far... being that it's only 5:30 EST and it's in the middle of November compared to middle of July I would say that is fucking fantastic.

*Inception horns*Deathly Hallows 1 came out in the same weekend 3 years ago.

• Like 1

Remember huge numbers weren't just coming from crazies. The MTC tracking was 189. New York Times I believe was saying a couple weeks back that it could open as high as 190. BOG and other sites were jumping in that train

And yet they were always and are so, so wrong. Easy to see as a 2D film it wouldn't hit those benchmarks.

TF3 had a much better 3rd act city destruction scene than The Avengers.  It also came out a year earlier so the Avengers' scene felt like kind of a rehash.

If this was June 2011, I'd agree, but after watching TF3 on Redbox and Netflix, it gets worse with each viewing. The 3rd act got repetitive real fast and I'm just like "the fuck is this happening?" Not to mention Patrick Dempsey's whiny ass, ugh. TF3 3rd act was just an overload explosions and running around for nothing. I'll see TF4, but im no where near anticipating, which is sad considering TF3 was probably one of my top 3 most anticipated movies of all time. Avengers didn't feel too dangerous IMO, but atleast everything was still coherent.

DH1 came out in November...

*Inception horns*Deathly Hallows 1 came out in the same weekend 3 years ago.

We're all a bunch of pedantic assholes.  We all posted the same thing within 30 seconds.   :rofl:

• Like 5

The same happened for The Dark Knight Rises. I remember that at one point Box office Mojo threw numbers like 220M OW. 2D movies don't have power anymore. Make them 3D if you want records, or stop believing.

• Like 1