Punishment

THG Catching Fire $25.25m Thursday Previews

The same happened for The Dark Knight Rises. I remember that at one point Box office Mojo threw numbers like 220M OW. 2D movies don't have power anymore. Make them 3D if you want records, or stop believing.

That was the worst prediction I have ever seen. His OS prediction for TDKR was the second worse.

Now, on a serious note. I think most of us, at least people who weren't blinded by their love for the first movie, expected the movie to drop. The first movie was too much of a surprise to say that It's some kind of box office hurricane, and seeing that it surprised most people as it did, I think you should expect the second movie to drop in the region where the first movie was expected to open in the first place.

Catching Fire dropping is no surprise at all. Even if it drops around Deathly Hallows 1 numbers.

Don't panic, at least till we get some hard numbers,

We sorta did just get hard numbers. Rth has never failed us and he just told us the matinees performed very similar to DH1. So basically we know it has to kick DH1's ass at night to have any chance of reaching the kind of numbers people are hoping for today (ie $50m+ Friday excluding previews).

• Like 1