Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

Damn :/

West Coast, you can't let us down tonight!  

Muvico Thousand Oaks is doing pretty well (7 sellouts out of 45 shows), though not as well as they were doing yesterday.

I suppose business could pick up in the evening, but it being Sunday I doubt it will be a significant uptick.

We don't have that in Finnish.  -_-

Here ya go, Jack:

I feel that it is my duty to shout back at euthanasia's propaganda. Unless you share my view that I cannot conceive of any circumstance under which euthanasia's claims could be considered appropriate, there's no need for you to hear me further. It may seem at first that nothing in Heaven or on Earth is so verticordious as to dissuade euthanasia from making bribery legal and part of business as usual. When we descend to details, however, we see that euthanasia has a glib proficiency with words and very sensitive nostrils. It can smell money in your pocket from a block away. Once that delicious aroma reaches euthanasia's nostrils, it'll start talking about the joy of irreligionism and how we should abandon the institutionalized and revered concept of democracy. As you listen to euthanasia's sing-song, chances are you won't even notice its hand as it goes into your pocket. Only later, after you realize you've been robbed, will you truly understand that if I wanted to brainwash and manipulate a large segment of the population, I would convince them that bad things "just happen" (i.e., they're not caused by euthanasia itself). In fact, that's exactly what euthanasia does as part of its quest to con us into sawing off the very tree limbs upon which we're sitting.

Euthanasia will probably never understand why it scares me so much. And it does scare me: Its disquisitions are scary, its assertions are scary, and most of all, it doesn't want us to know about its plans to sell otherwise perfectly reasonable people the idée fixe that newspapers should report only on items it agrees with. Otherwise, we might do something about that.

I leave it to more capable and intrepid folks to explore the full ramifications of euthanasia's shenanigans. If you'll forgive my parrhesia, I'd like to add that I surely don't believe that there should be publicly financed centers of Bulverism. So when euthanasia says that that's what I believe, I see how little it understands my position. If euthanasia were paying attention—which it would seem it is not, as I've already gone over this—it'd see that when uttered by it, the word "global", as in "global spread of faddism", implies, "It's not our fault". In reality, we'd indeed have a lot less faddism if euthanasia would just stop defacing property with racially and sexually derogatory epithets and offensive symbols.

I want to make the world safe for democracy, but I can't do that alone. So do me a favor and enable all people to achieve their potential as human beings. That'll show euthanasia that conformism is dangerous. Its wishy-washy version of it is doubly so. Come to think of it, where did euthanasia learn how to scrawl pro-Tartuffism graffiti over everything? At the intersection of Militarism Avenue and Exhibitionism Lane? My point is that my cause is to halt the adulation heaped upon acrasial, illiberal skinflints. I call upon men and women from all walks of life to support my cause with their life-affirming eloquence and indomitable spirit of human decency and moral righteousness. Only then will the whole world realize that euthanasia labels anyone it doesn't like as "grumpy". That might well be a better description of it.

Have you ever had a bad dream about euthanasia trying to spatter my reputation? Well, I have news for you. That wasn't a dream; it was real. Euthanasia proclaims at every opportunity that it'd never institutionalize adversarialism through systematic violence, distorted religion, and dubious science. The organization doth protest too much, methinks. If euthanasia doesn't like it here, then perhaps it should go elsewhere.

Euthanasia uses highfalutin terms like "internationalization" and "dendrochronological" to conceal its plans to wage an odd sort of warfare upon a largely unprepared and unrecognizing public. In this scheme of its, a mass of grandiloquent words falls upon the facts like soft snow, blurring the outlines and covering up all the details. We become unable to see that euthanasia extricates itself from difficulty by intrigue, by chicanery, by dissimulation, by trimming, by an untruth, by an injustice. Think about it. If euthanasia continues to pamper the worst kinds of chauvinistic wimps there are, the result can be a tone-deafness, a cluelessness, on matters that are at the center of experience for vast segments of the population. If I seem a bit intemperate, it's only because I'm trying to communicate with euthanasia on its own level.

The significance of this is that in a vain effort to exculpate itself, euthanasia has been proclaiming to the world that it has done no wrong. Rather, it was its subordinates who have been stigmatizing any and all attempts to extend the compass of democracy to mephitic, deceitful suborners of perjury. I suppose the next thing it'll have us believe is that its blessing is the equivalent of a papal imprimatur. As euthanasia matures morally it'll eventually grow out of its present way of thinking and come to realize that we desperately need to improve the physical and spiritual quality of life for the population at present and for those yet to come. It's not enough merely to keep our heads down and pray that euthanasia doesn't acquire public acceptance of its fickle initiatives. As I like to say, if you set the bar low, you jump low. Euthanasia indisputably believes that it could do a gentler and fairer job of running the world than anyone else. Unfortunately for it, that's all in its imagination. Euthanasia needs to get out of that fictional world and get back to reality, where people can see that it thinks that quarrelsome, dour stirrers are inherently good, sensitive, creative, and inoffensive. Of course, thinking so doesn't make it so.

Euthanasia demands that we make a choice. Either we let it cover up its criminal ineptitude or it'll entangle our peace and prosperity in the toils of the ambition, rivalship, interest, humor, or caprice of selfish dunces. This "choice" exemplifies what is commonly known as a "false dichotomy" or "the fallacy of the excluded middle" because it denies other alternatives, such as that if we do nothing, euthanasia will keep on bamboozling people into believing that anyone who resists it deserves to be crushed. One cannot change this all in a moment, but one can express our concerns about euthanasia's hypersensitive opinions. Although the Gospel According to euthanasia says that without euthanasia's superior guidance, we will go nowhere, I believe that inequality does not beget equality. So let it call me self-absorbed. I call it wanton.

If you want truth, you have to struggle for it. This letter represents my struggle, my attempt at fostering mutual understanding. It is also my soapbox for informing the community at large that if we take euthanasia's editorials to their logical conclusion, we see that faster than you can say "hematospectrophotometer", euthanasia will feed blind hatred. Euthanasia can make no claim to a distinguishing characteristic of any kind. Okay, that's a slight exaggeration, but you get the general drift.

Euthanasia's publications raise a number of brow-furrowing questions. I'm referring to questions such as, "Why doesn't euthanasia point a critical finger at itself for a change?" It's questions like that that get people thinking about how if you think about it you'll see that euthanasia's vilipensive cop-outs are merely a distraction. They're just something to generate more op-ed pieces, more news conferences for media talking heads, and more punditry from people like me. Meanwhile, euthanasia's apostles are continuing their quiet work of advancing euthanasia's real goal, which is to perpetrate acts of the most obstreperous character. Let me end this letter by telling euthanasia that I fully intend to rage, rage against the dying of the light. This action is lawful. This action is moral. And this action is right.
  • Like 6

Maybe So Cal is slacking but the Bay Area isn't. Good chunk of matinee sell outs and one theater (Jack London Stadium) has sold out every single showing today so far. Only two 1020pm showings are left.  I think the Sunday hold will be pretty good.

Edited by Moviefanatic
  • Like 1