iceroll

Wednesday Numbers: Catching Fire 20.7m, Frozen 15.2m, Thor 2.3m (yay) Smashing like a Wrecking Ball!

The best comparison for the film right now is HP1 adjusted IMO. Huge 2nd weekend gross courtesy of Thanksgiving and a 450m adjusted total. Hmmm...

TDKR numbers?

Oh lawd.

EDIT: As I speak, that death scene JUST happened.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

TDKR numbers?

Oh lawd.

EDIT: As I speak, that death scene JUST happened.

It certainly looks doable IMO. I'll reserve my judgements till I see the weekend numbers but I can see it happening based on how its performing, it's in straight beast mode right now.

Is Wednesday some kind of holiday in the States? 

Lots of people have the day before Thanksgiving off. Even for those who still have to work or go to school, they can still go out at night, so it can behave like a Friday night.

• Like 1

The best comparison for the film right now is HP1 adjusted IMO. Huge 2nd weekend gross courtesy of Thanksgiving and a 450m adjusted total. Hmmm...

...Dont forget post-Thanksgiving. The harshest, biggest dropping weekend of the year.

Is Wednesday some kind of holiday in the States?How can you tell Frozen's gonna perform like gangbusters based on just one day?

The Wednesday before thanksgiving is typically the first day a lot of people get off work/ out of class for the holiday. While it's normally not the biggest day of the week (that will probably go to Black Friday) it is a great indicator of how films will play. There is normally a drop on Thursday (around 25-35% for most films) followed by huge spikes on Friday.

• Like 1

Is Wednesday some kind of holiday in the States?How can you tell Frozen's gonna perform like gangbusters based on just one day?

Tangled opened to 11.9M with similar release pattern to Frozen. It ended just over 200M, Frozen is opening 25%+ higher plus it has a lot less competition than Tangled and it also has similar WOM. 

• Like 2